Valued Contributor

Re: Ay Re: General Hospital ~ August 2018 ~ Spoilers Included

@BeckiWV wrote:

I hate today's show, I hate this baby story, I am having to FF through it because i don't want to hear about the dead baby. I know it's not a real baby but I hate this anyway.  I hate that Nelle. I don't hate Brad nearly as much as Nelle but i feel like he is being really stupid here. Why didn't he call an ambulance instead of driving around with the baby? Why make this stupid switch? SIDS very, very unfortunately and sadly happens.  Brad likely would not have been charged over it. It not have kept them from getting another baby, would it?  I can only conclude he is in shock or an idiot.  Stupid plot point. Why hide it and cover it up? You know it was Nelle's idea. I hate it. I thought all this time the mother would take the baby back, they've only talked about that every two minutes lol. I guess I sure fell for that one. I don't want to watch Michael's grief either. Anyway, that poor little baby, I don't like it....

I agree with everything you said.  One point jumped out at me.  What if the birth mother does decide she wants her baby back?  Will they return Nelle's baby to her?  I hate this story line!!!!

Super Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ August 2018 ~ Spoilers Included

Laura's coming back!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Our cable was out yesterday so it only recorded the last 15 minutes. When I turned it on to watch, I saw Jason and Carly talking about going to Canada for possibly 3 months and then Sonny came.

Then I saw Nelle wandering around carrying a baby and heard sirens and saw the flashes of the cops coming.  I had no idea what happened but I assumed Brad's baby didn't make it, he either stole Nelle's baby or somehow switched the babies out with Nelle's blessing and she was roaming with a dead baby.

I will try and catch the episode on demand.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva    just in case it's not there yet.

Recap of GH 07/31

Finn finds Robert waiting in his Metro Court room. Robert just got off the phone with Frisco and has confirmed Anna disappeared a month ago. Robert reads over Finn’s texts from Anna, which he says are from her kidnappers. Since they asked Finn to come to Berkley to meet Anna, Robert believes they plan to use him as leverage to get Anna to reveal whatever information they are after. He asks Finn if he’s willing to put his life on the line for her again. Finn agrees to help. In her room, Margaux examines the contents of the flash drive, which includes copies of Andre’s notes on the transfer of Jason’s memories to Drew.

At The Floating Rib, Curtis catches up with Drew when Margaux enters and happens to run into them. Curtis invites her to join them. Margaux apologizes to Drew for not believing the whole missing memory story he told her before. Curtis fills her in about their adventures working together when he thought he was Jason, including locating Julian’s not-so-dead sister Olivia. Dawson is familiar with her and all the crime families in Port Charles because she had to do her homework for the job. She dances around Drew’s memories, which are Jason’s, and that he doesn’t seem to like his brother much. Drew wonders what she is getting at, but she claims she’s just trying to understand this incredible situation. Margaux leaves them in, and Curtis jokes with Drew that she likes him.

At Sonny’s cabin, Jason explains Michael’s entire plan to trap Nelle to Carly, and how Chase fits into the picture. Carly admits the plan is brilliant, but still hates it.

In the woods, Sonny rescues Michael from the car moments before the it blows. He and Michael stumble upon the Pentonville van where Chase is. Chase explains that Obrecht was in the van, but escaped in the crash. Michael fills Chase in on what happened after the crash, and Chase realizes Nelle may think Michael is dead. He believes she may try and turn herself in and spin the story. Chase gets a call on another fugitive and asks Sonny if he may know where a single gunman who broke his wife out of Ferncliff could be hiding. Sonny claims he doesn’t.

At Brad and Lucas’, Brad is stunned when Wiley doesn’t wake up, so he performs CPR on the baby.

At GH, Julian runs into Lucas, who has been so busy with work he hasn’t checked his messages. Julian urges him to, and then congratulates him on becoming a father.

Brad sits in his car on the side of the highway with the baby bassinet in the back seat. He hopes this is a bad dream and ignores Lucas’ calls. Suddenly Nelle stumbles out of the woods carrying her baby in her arms. Brad gets out and asks her what happened. She explains she had a baby boy, and then rambles about the accident, and Michael driving erratically in order to get her to admit to horrible things she never did. She claims she managed to escape the wreck, only to give birth to the baby. Nelle notices Brad looking in the backseat and what is in the basket. Brad cries that he and Lucas got their son, but he died in his sleep. Brad says he was taking the baby to the hospital and can give her a ride. Nelle can’t go with him because she’s in trouble but tells him to take her son. She knows Sonny will try and take him from her, and one way or another she’ll lose him, so she wants Brad and Lucas to raise her child.

Margaux returns to her room at the Metro Court, reviews the flash drive, and wonders how much of Jason’s life Drew remembers.

Back at the cabin, Jason tries to get Carly to focus on her own issue, clearing her name, and suggests they may need to hide out in Canada for a few months till Diane works her magic. Suddenly Sonny turns up and Carly rushes into his arms. Sonny wishes Jason would have told him of his plan. Carly asks about Michael, who Sonny assures her is fine, but reports Nelle is missing after there was a car accident.

Lucas returns home to an empty apartment and crib. Brad walks in, and stutters that he was out taking the baby for a drive. Brad hands the child to Lucas, who is thrilled to meet Wiley.

Back out on the highway, Nelle walks around carrying a baby and hears sirens growing closer.

At GH, Chase informs Michael, who is being checked out, that he picked Nelle up walking by the road. Michael rushes out and sees Nelle in the waiting room holding the baby. He takes the child from Nelle, only to realize it is dead. Nelle tells him she’s sorry, but their son didn’t make it.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Respected Contributor

I'm sick over yesterday's episode! Every.single.thing. that we did not want to happen did.

Sheesh!

Are they going to start a teen story this late in the summer? Kids around here go back to school around the middle of August, so unless they wrap it up in about 2 weeks, it won't reach it's intended audience in my neck of the woods!

Esteemed Contributor

I will start by stating "yes, I know this is a soap", however.....

I find yesterday's episode and the way they have written this baby switch disgusting!!!!

So many loose ends.  Start with Brad leaving GH with Wiley before he was examined by a doc.  Brad finds Wiley in distress but fails to call 911.  He puts the baby into a basket and drives somewhere, pulls off on the same highway where the crash happened.When Nelle left the car she had her phone and a wrap.  We saw the phone drop.  Are people to believe she delivered her own baby and cut the umbilical cord all alone?????  Then she goes walking along the highway where she finds Brad.  Her idea to switch the babies was revolting!!!!  Brad shows up at home with Wiley II and is surprised to see Lucas.  BTW, modern car seats don't allow for swaddled babies, yet both babies were seen swaddled.  That witch sitting in the hospital looking pathetic made me gag!!!!  Making Michael think he caused the death of his own child is cruel and inhumane!!!!

This show did not need another baby switch!!!!  And, we certainly didn't need for another child to die!!!!!!  If these writers can't come up with better ideas then they need to be replaced.  Using children/babies as props, as if they are disposable, is disgusting!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Tique,  you are awesome.  Thank you.  Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Tique,  you are awesome.  Thank you.  Woman Happy

Yes, @Tique, agree!  My DVR did not work yesterday for GH, not sure why, but I appreciate the summary

Looks like it is not worth watching any way!!

Glad to hear Genie Francis is returning!!  And Leslie Charleson is taping again!  Maybe the witch will have internal bleeding and meet her maker SOON!!  

The baby switch is so 1980s, once again, I beg, BRING BACK RON CARLIVATI !!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Super Contributor

Yesterday’s episode was the most unwatchable in my 41 years of watching for all of the questions and comments mentioned by others. What ever happened to love in the afternoon? There was so much sadness and evil in yesterday’s show.  There was such poor execution of a birth and the transport of infants. A soap should be an escape. Usually I enjoy the friendship of Jason and Carly. Their conversation was just a rehash of the plan. 

The only watchable scenes were Finn and Robert teaming up to save Anna and Robert’s concern for Roxie. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with all you GH posters/viewers!!!  Yesterday's show was difficult to watch!  I have never liked Brad and his decision yesterday made me hate him!  And Nelle...well, when is she really leaving??? 

As has been stated, yesterday's baby switch will really hurt Michael and Lucas.  Am sure that these 'baby' stories will continue until the fall sweeps.