Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ August 2017 Thread, Spoilers

[ Edited ]

Remember when it was all about the chili? Now it's the BLT. Thanks Heather.

I have $2 Cook is now Kelly's head line chef.  She needs to feed Liz and Kiki.

Is Jared going to boil a stuffed bunny next? The meme is obnoxious and so is this writing. Next he's going to catch her bouquet. Scotty's charm you do not have.

Do I really need to watch the rest of this show?

Esteemed Contributor

I love Curtis, soooo handsome and a great character.  I wish his auntie would leave town though, lol.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know it's plot driven just to facilitate their exits out of PC, but this storyline with Hayden and her ex just seems so out of character.  

It does not sit right with me for Hayden to be cowed by this douche bag ex, even over a car accident Hayden caused where someone was injured, get a lawyer for that if needed. Why even have such a stupid story.  There has to be better ways to send them out of town. I just don't see why, after all Hayden has been through (and Finn being the kind of guy he is), that she just doesn't tell Finn so he can kick his slimey butt out of town. I don't want her to be committing any fraud to pay this disgusting person. 

Then they could leave PC after that for another reason and have their baby in peace.  Why not let them be happy?  I like Hayden much more than I used to, and I liked her recent scenes with her father very much too.  I'm sorry she is going.

Edited to add, just getting caught up on today's show, so glad she told Curtis at least what she did... hope they get rid of this fool.sonehow.  

Respected Contributor

Great Scotty reference, @Laura14 !!!  Blast from the past!!!Heart

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Esteemed Contributor

@BeckiWV wrote:

I know it's plot driven just to facilitate their exits out of PC, but this storyline with Hayden and her ex just seems so out of character.  

It does not sit right with me for Hayden to be cowed by this douche bag ex, even over a car accident Hayden caused where someone was injured, get a lawyer for that if needed. Why even have such a stupid story.  There has to be better ways to send them out of town. I just don't see why, after all Hayden has been through (and Finn being the kind of guy he is), that she just doesn't tell Finn so he can kick his slimey butt out of town. I don't want her to be committing any fraud to pay this disgusting person. 

Then they could leave PC after that for another reason and have their baby in peace.  Why not let them be happy?  I like Hayden much more than I used to, and I liked her recent scenes with her father very much too.  I'm sorry she is going.

Edited to add, just getting caught up on today's show, so glad she told Curtis at least what she did... hope they get rid of this fool.sonehow.  

I also am not buying the story. This guy is a creep. It does not compute that he once took the fall for Hayden and went to prison. I don't see him being that selfless....unless he thought in doing so, he'd be rewarded with her father's ill gotten gains. I got the impression, though, that this all went down after her father went to prison. I'm not a fan of Hayden, but as you said, there should have been another way to get her off the show. This is just silly. They are also foreshadowing Finn's relapse into drug dependency, which I really don't like. Does Olbrecht EVER pay for any of the things she has done? She put this into motion after Finn magnanimously didn't push for her arrest.

Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@BeckiWV wrote:

I also am not buying the story. This guy is a creep. It does not compute that he once took the fall for Hayden and went to prison. I don't see him being that selfless....unless he thought in doing so, he'd be rewarded with her father's ill gotten gains. I got the impression, though, that this all went down after her father went to prison. I'm not a fan of Hayden, but as you said, there should have been another way to get her off the show. This is just silly. They are also foreshadowing Finn's relapse into drug dependency, which I really don't like. Does Olbrecht EVER pay for any of the things she has done? She put this into motion after Finn magnanimously didn't push for her arrest.

--------------------

I agree about the terrible storyline being used to get Hayden out.  There are many other plots that could have fit in.  Also think the story is setting Finn up for a relapse.

I know that I am in the minority - maybe of one - but I cannot stand Dr.O's character.  She has had so many "fifteen minutes of fame" and I think it is time for her to retire!  She is not a likable character and is not even a good "bad guy".....

Honored Contributor

@BeckiWV wrote:

Thank you.  This is exactly how I feel. 

I said above she needs to just come clean with Finn.  Even if this was more than he could handle, being the nice guy I think he would help with the ex and then tell Hayden to take a hike.  Hayden is also smarter than to believe that her telling Finn would send him spiraling back to drugs as her ex is suggesting.  Finn wasn't a street junky, he was hooked on a med he needed to save his life.   

The first thing I thought of when her ex was black mailing her is exactly what Curtis said to her.  Who is to say he won't keep coming back for more?  Of course we know that she's leaving but had she been staying, that's what would have happened. 

At the very least, why wouldn't Hayden just deny everything the ex was saying?  He confessed to driving the car and hitting the girl.  It would be his word against Hayden's.  And at this point, who would believe someone blackmailing Hayden?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

And then there's Kiki. When exactly did she get a college degree? I don't remember her graduation. And since when can you go to med school ("fast track" as James de Paiva's character said) without an undergrad degree. And how does a nurse's aide end up assisting in the OR? I love how characters on the soaps end up in jobs that start right at the top with absolutely no experience whatsoever....Mikey is one that comes to mind. Nina is another. Wouldn't that be nice for all of us if we could walk into a high powered job knowing nada. Oh wait, I think it's already happened once in real life as we are witnessing in real time. I won't elaborate.

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman ... I see it every day.  Can't do the job, but here it is.  Handed to them on a silver platter.  They have the paperwork, education, or whatever,  that says they can do it.  Well, they can't.  Gets passed down to those who can.  They get the promotions and raises off the work of others.  OK ... Off my rant and on to ...

These stories are getting worse and I have said all along that they are trying to kill all Soaps.  They are doing a great job.  Let's all watch "Reality" TV or talk shows.  Daytime TV is not geared toward "at home" people anymore.  It's just background noise for those that are home.  Works for cleaning the house, working on your 'puter, etc. LOL 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

And then there's Kiki. When exactly did she get a college degree? I don't remember her graduation. And since when can you go to med school ("fast track" as James de Paiva's character said) without an undergrad degree. And how does a nurse's aide end up assisting in the OR? I love how characters on the soaps end up in jobs that start right at the top with absolutely no experience whatsoever....Mikey is one that comes to mind. Nina is another. Wouldn't that be nice for all of us if we could walk into a high powered job knowing nada. Oh wait, I think it's already happened once in real life as we are witnessing in real time. I won't elaborate.

Aren't you clever

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.