Esteemed Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ August 2017 Thread, Spoilers

@VaBelle35 wrote:
Just read a Valentini interview GH posted on Facebook that SBs return will take 9 months to sort out. So I imagine he's not here for a week.

Oh no. I wonder if they are going to steal the whole John Black/Roman Brady story line from DOOL? That's my friend's Soap, and the viewers were kept reeling for years as to whether Black was really Brady with a new face, or John Black with a chip in his head that was being controlled by some villain on that show. Can anyone add to that as I'm not sure my facts are totally straight. 

Honored Contributor

So it's looking like the spoiler I read about Dr. O kidnapping Hayden isn't going to be how she leaves the show.

Is she going to walk away from Finn rather than reveal the truth?  I know it's a soap and she's leaving but why not just tell him what happened and let the chips fall where they may?

I can't barely take this anymore.  All this with Sam is just stupid.  You know Sonny isn't going to reveal that Sam shot him.  Jason will know, he's already figuring it out and Carly will figure it out too.  Detective Dumdum will know something isn't right but he's clueless.

Are Finn and Dr. Munroe the only 2 doctors at GH?  LOL   

Honored Contributor

Don't tease me GH with remembering the Q's and ELQ. I've been disappointed too many times before.

And any self respecting Italian girl saw Olivia putting Cook on the welfare line in the first five minutes. Salut, girl.

I thought I was finally going to fast forward through an entire show. But then they woo me with Ned and an ELQ takeover. Outmaneuver Mikey = take away his allergy meds. Worked like a charm before.
Valued Contributor

I thought the best line of the day was from Olivia... I loved Olivia's interpretation of Monica's advice and running with it... firing cook! lmbo

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't gotten caught up on the thread today so sorry if this has already been posted, but interesting article re:  Kirsten Storms and her depression.

https://soaphub.com/general-hospital/general-hospitals-kirsten-storms-says-ex-mate-brandon-barash-he...

Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting that article.  I didn't realize she was divorced already.  

She was so lucky to have someone push her to get the help she needed.  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's the full article. I was on my phone and couldn't post it yesterday:

General Hospital's Steve Burton Returns: 'There Is Almost Nobody Who Won't Be Affected,' Says Soap Boss

By Matt Webb Mitovich /

August 7 2017, 7:26 AM PDT 192

As one might guess, Steve Burton‘s return to ABC’s General Hospital “is going to shake everything up,” executive producer Frank Valentini promises — especially since Billy Miller is currently filling the role of Jason Morgan, for which Burton won his first Emmy back in 1998.

Following an Emmy-winning run on rival sudser The Young and the Restless, Miller joined GH in 2014 as, we were told, Jason, whose appearance was altered by post-car crash facial surgeries.

Or was it?

Valentini of course won’t confirm whom Burton is playing, but says that the arrival of someone who at the very least looks like the old Jason is sure to cause double takes.

“Jason’s life affects, like, 30 people on the show. There is almost nobody who won’t be affected by his return,” the EP told TVLine at ABC’s summer TCA party. “That whole paradigm — ‘Who’s the real Jason? How will people react to him?’ — I find to be very interesting, and it will be fun for the audience.”

Speaking of the soap’s passionate viewers, Valentini says that despite having myriad theories about what exactly is going on hurled and tweeted his way, “No one has guessed right. They think we’re making it up as we go along, when it’s all been laid out.”

Burton’s return trip to Port Charles began about four months ago, says Valentini. “When we knew that he was available and interested, we started to brainstorm ideas about what we wanted to do.” Eventually latching onto one particular story idea, “We thought, ‘That’s interesting, that’ll work, and that will fit in with what we’ve got going,’ so we just ran with it.

“We’re really excited to work with Steve, because he’s a really important part of the show.”

As fans of ABC’s defunct One Life to Live know, Valentini has been down a similar road before, having brought fan favorite Roger Howarth back to the canvas after Todd Manning had been recast/his face “changed” with Trevor St. John. Any lessons learned? “Yes, absolutely,” he says. “The thing about being an EP for as long as I have is you learn what not to do, and I try never to make mistakes twice. Not that I haven’t made them twice, but I try to learn from my mistakes.”

Burton himself has said that he will be back on GH for “a while” — while Valentini says that the effects of the encore will be felt “for probably about nine months, before we settle into the next big thing.”

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

"Nine months."

Who will get pregnant?  LOL

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I thought Valerie, the policelady, was gone from the show!!   I remember reading - sometime ago - that fans did not really like her and she was going to be gone!  And does the show really need that meddling aunt???

Honored Contributor

I like Val being back.  She is adorable.  The Aunt ... well, we all have one of those somewhere on our family tree.  LOL 

Maxi going after her next story should be funny. Take down of ManLanders.  Her hubs "saving" her parents was precious.  At least some fun in the show today.  Better than all this other ... stuff ... that is dragging us along until November sweeps.

Hayden ... send the money to your ex.  Get there before he does and get it. You've got the info and it should be easy.  Send it back to GH and turn yourself in to the country you are in.  Have the babe there and come back with a ten year old to find your true soul mate.  New story for everyone involved.  Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."