Honored Contributor

General Hospital ~ April Thread

I'm a couple episodes behind but did anyone think it was odd that Bobbie started crying over sister she has not seen in decades?

Respected Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ April Thread

Thanks Sydney for starting the new thread. Yes, I too thought that it was odd that Bobby was crying over her sister that she has not seen in decades.

I have a feeling that todays show will be nothing but remembering the past 50 years. I am wondering how they would add the Luke storyline to that. I sure do hope that they end the Luke storyline soon but I doubt it. When does Luke finally head out for Amsterdam? I think that is when they start with the teen scenes.

Super Contributor

To be perfectly honest I can't even pay attention to Bobbie's words and actions. I am too distracted by her clown/balloon face. There was a point yesterday when she got a look on her face that just made me laugh out loud. Whatever she has pumped into her face makes her look absolutely ridiculous. WHY do people do this to themselves. It doesn't make them look younger. It just makes them look grotesque.

I read that the episode today will go back in time, with current actors playing original actors' roles, and that there will be clues from back then why Luke turned out as he did. Where they go with it from there, I have no idea. He has murdered people now, so how do they redeem him? He's in the same predicament as Ava.

Honored Contributor

In the last few minutes of GH today, the local news cut in for breaking news.

After the flashback scene of young Luke accidently hitting his mom with the bat, was there any more in this episode?

Thanks.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Super Contributor

On 4/1/2015 dmod nj said:

In the last few minutes of GH today, the local news cut in for breaking news.

After the flashback scene of young Luke accidently hitting his mom with the bat, was there any more in this episode?

Thanks.

Can you believe this, dmod? {#emotions_dlg.angry} They do this ALL the time. Finally, we get a well done episode and it's interrupted in the last minute, literally. I know it sounds silly to complain about interrupting a soap, but honestly, for Menendez being indicted? They couldn't wait ONE more minute?? I don't mind Breaking News when it's a matter of public health or safety. That's understandable. But for this?

Honored Contributor

puglet, I totally agree.

On the channel 7 Eyewitness News Facebook page, you can watch the last 3 minutes of today's episode. They posted it. I am sure local channel 7's switchboard blew up after interrupting GH.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Valued Contributor

I'm not very good at this so i hope you'll get a better recap once others arrive {#emotions_dlg.blush}. After striking his mother w/ the bat, young Luke then swung at his father and all you saw was the blood spatter across the dining table. Old Luke broke down having recalled killing both his mother & father. His family huddled around him in support. Young Luke can also be seen in this final scene. The End.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Super Contributor

Thanks dmod. Smile I'm going there now to watch it.

Thanks, too, SuesCat! I appreciate your recap. I thought all the young actors did a wonderful job playing young Luke and his siblings. I was really drawn in by today's episode. Too bad the regular episodes aren't as good.

ETA: Dmod, first home game on Monday? {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor

I thought today's episode was a lame attempt to rewrite history and give some reason for Luke's behavior. Poor at best! How did Julian meet Luke in witness protection?????? Or are we supposed to forget that part, along with all of the other bizarre escapades of the past 18 or so months???? Even iI today's reveal was what happened, it doesn't explain the behavior. As for the brief scenes showing current cast members as originals, there was no tribute to the show' s origins. Very sad!!!!!! ABC Daytime execs should be very thankful for GH; without our soap, the network has no sustainable afternoon programming!!!!!! A soap which has lasted for 50 years is a testament to the viewers love and loyalty to General Hospital. And, as we proved with Katie, we will not watch whatever else they put on. As for "Breaking News" interruptions that do not involve life, death, or national security.......let them wait until the 4pm newscast!!!!! I have been a loyal ABC viewer for decades (Sally Starr, Chief Halftown, Bandstand, before Duck Clark, etc), but, in the last year or so I find their interruptions unnecessary, and even more so, having an anchor tell me what I just heard followed by an analyst explaining it to me.
Super Contributor

So we are supposed to believe that after all this time, suddenly this manifests itself in Luke's utter cruelty and disregard for his whole family and everyone else, it seems, in Port Charles? It's not as if he didn't have it on his conscience all this time. I suppose the rape of Laura will also be revisited with a new take on it. I'm not buying any of this, and I still ask WHAT about the people he has murdered directly or indirectly during this little mental holiday he has taken. This character cannot be redeemed. They cannot justify his not doing time for it, either in an institution or prison. Luke, Sonny, Duke, Julian....they are all sociopaths and need to be put away. It's time for them to find a new soap. I don't want to look at them.