Esteemed Contributor

Re: General Hospital 🏥 April 2024 - Spoilers Included

I kind of like Tracy showing a bit of vulnerability.   Yes, she and Stella do think their meddling in everyone else's business is just fine.  They both could use a friend. 

Loved Gregory putting his privacy first.  Though they mean well, the sons don't have the right to his medical info unless he chooses to share.

Maxie is finally being styled correctly.  She looks so pretty.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember once hearing/reading that SB wanted to finish out his acting career at GH, since he considered it home.  However, I never got the impression it was meant to only be 2 years, so that must be new.  Makes me sad to hear that because I had hoped he'd stay on for a long time now that he's back.

In his interviews, he comes across as being quite nice.  And very enthusiastic and appreciative.  

I've really enjoyed him being back and hope he stays!!

Honored Contributor

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

At the Quartermaine stables, Cody mucked out stalls as Sasha arrived ready to work. She was dressed in a pair of red overalls and was happy that she no longer had to care about how she looked. Cody assured her that she looked way too good to be cleaning the stables, but she insisted that no one was too good for the hard work. Cody couldn't understand why Sasha wanted to work in the stables, so she explained that she was looking for a new purpose in life, and she hoped that being somewhere she was comfortable and happy would help her find her inspiration.

As Cody and Sasha worked, she fondly reminisced about her first encounter with a horse and learning to ride. She was curious what Cody looked forward to about his "post-Deception" future. He told her that he was doing it, and he resumed his chores. Later, Cody and Sasha sipped coffee and chatted. When Cody mentioned enjoying the company of both James and Leo because both boys made him feel like family, Sasha reminded Cody that he could be with his family if he just told Mac the truth.

Cody admitted that it might be more than he could handle. "Horses are enough," he added. The conversation turned to Cody and Sasha's relationship, and she accused him of being aloof. He jokingly suggested that she had formed the opinion because he didn't manhandle her. Sasha admitted that she liked that things were easy between them and that they were comfortable with each other. Cody teased that a little "manhandling" could be fun, too.

At the hospital, Tracy spotted Gregory seated on a bench near the nurses' station. After she greeted him, he revealed that he had an appointment with Dr. Kramer. Tracy admitted that she was there for blood work and an annual wellness check with Dr. Randolph. Moments later, Elizabeth walked up to fetch Gregory.

After Elizabeth had Gregory settled in an examination room and checked his vitals, she assured him that everything looked good. She asked how he'd been feeling, but he questioned why he merited the attention of a head nurse in a busy hospital. He tactfully explained that he preferred to keep his private life separate from his medical care. Elizabeth apologized for overstepping, and she assured him that she had never intended to offend him. Gregory appreciated Elizabeth's understanding. "Thank you for telling me," Elizabeth said.

A short time later, Dr. Kramer admitted that he was concerned about Gregory's shortness of breath. Gregory assured the doctor that it was manageable as long as he didn't push things, but he wanted to know if he would be well enough to attend his son's wedding the following month. Dr. Kramer explained that he wasn't a psychic, but he was confident that Gregory would be able to walk under his own steam for the wedding. Pleased, Gregory shifted gears because he wanted to discuss Finn.

Dr. Kramer assured Gregory that he would never discuss a patient's care, even with another doctor, unless he had permission from the patient. Gregory was relieved. After Gregory left the examination room, he ran into Tracy. She asked about his appointment, so he told her that his doctor had recommended rest, medication, and continued use of his C-Pap machine to remain in good shape for Chase and Brook Lynn's wedding. Tracy was happy for Gregory -- and Alexis -- because Alexis wouldn't have been invited to the wedding if not for him.

Tracy quickly changed the subject by asking Gregory to join her for coffee before her appointment with Dr. Randolph. Gregory declined because he had a series of tests scheduled. He admitted there had been a time when his ALS had just been a diagnosis, but it had become a full-time job. Tracy insisted that he was more than his diagnosis. According to Tracy, he was terrifically charming, an excellent conversationalist, and intellectually challenging.

"And you're not bad to look at," Tracy added. Gregory chuckled. "You vixen, you," he said. Tracy smiled as Gregory walked away. A short time later, Tracy spotted Stella in the local coffee shop and approached her table. After they exchanged pleasantries, Tracy asked if she could join Stella. After Stella nodded, Tracy sat down. They briefly chatted about Blaze -- a woman of color -- being named the new Face of Deception until the conversation took a more personal turn when Stella mentioned that Tracy knew everyone in town.

Tracy explained that most were social acquaintances, which had never been a problem for her beloved mother because Lila had been gracious to everyone. However, Tracy acknowledged that she was more like her father, so she had few friends and even fewer deep and meaningful relationships. Tracy acknowledged that there was someone special, and she asked how Stella kept from feeling sorry for patients who were suffering. Stella admitted that she couldn't always avoid it, but she refused to let those feelings keep her from treating her patients as people because they were more than the terrible thing that was happening to them.

Tracy's voice filled with emotion as she thanked Stella for the insight. She admitted that nothing annoyed her friend more than being handled. Tracy confessed that she didn't like it, either. "I never would have guessed," Stella said with a smile. Tracy grinned and asked how Stella felt about playing backgammon. Stella told Tracy that she loved it, and she was certain that she would be able to beat Tracy. "You're on," Tracy said.

At the hospital, Chase and Brook Lynn walked with Dante as he slowly made his way back to his room. As Dante returned to his bed, he complained about his slow recovery. Both Chase and Brook Lynn assured him that he was doing well, and everyone had noticed the progress. Brook Lynn shared that Chase had been thrilled to learn that Dante had woken up, so Dante took the opportunity to thank Chase for his support, even when Dante had been in a coma. "You're my partner -- and my friend. Where else would I be?" Chase asked. After they exchanged a fist bump, Dante turned the conversation to the wedding.

Chase and Brook Lynn took the opportunity to tell Dante about their decision to downsize things, but they hoped that Dante would agree to be one of the groomsmen. Dante readily agreed, and he promised a worried Brook Lynn that he would build up his strength and dance with her at the reception. Dante shifted gears to ask about Chase's father, so Chase revealed that Gregory hadn't been looking great nor had he been forthcoming about his recent doctor visits.

Brook Lynn suggested that keeping his visits private was one of the few ways that Gregory still had agency over himself. Chase argued that he was family and just wanted to help, but Brook Lynn gently reminded Chase that Gregory just wanted to be seen as Chase's dad rather than a sick father who needed help. She insisted that everyone deserved their privacy -- even from their loving family. When Sam arrived, Dante shared the news that he'd been asked to be a groomsman. Sam promised that she and the children would help him build up his strength.

After Chase and Brook Lynn left, Sam offered to accompany Dante on his morning walk, but he told her that he'd already done it. Sam became distracted when she checked her phone, prompting Dante to ask her about it. She explained that she had asked the vice principal to notify her by text message if Danny skipped classes again. "So far, so good," Sam reported. Dante suggested that Sam might have been too hard on Danny, but she disagreed.

Sam confided that Danny's recent poor choices had made her question whether she could trust her son. "I certainly can't trust his father," Sam said. She explained that she had never felt so betrayed as when Jason had shown up without explanation and asked their son to keep secrets from her. She admitted that she didn't know if Jason was different or if she was seeing Jason clearly for the first time, but things had changed.

In Finn's office, Elizabeth told Finn about her recent exchange with Gregory. Finn realized that she wasn't the only one who had overstepped with his father -- they all had. She agreed and suggested that Gregory might feel as if they had decided -- without consulting Gregory -- that it was time to take over his medical care. Finn confessed that he felt as if he hadn't done enough for his father, but Elizabeth wasn't surprised because it was Finn's nature to feel like he should do more. Finn opened up about a call he had made to a friend from his time with Doctors Without Borders.

Finn explained that he had hoped his friend could help with Gregory's case, but it had also reminded Finn of how useless he felt working at the hospital. Elizabeth confessed that she had felt useless, too, because Jake was angry with Jason. She told him about Jason's visit, which had been a "complete train wreck." Finn pointed out that Jake had good reason to be shaken up by Jason's reappearance, but Elizabeth admitted that it went beyond that. "How was it otherwise seeing Jason again?" Finn asked. Elizabeth shared that it had been strange and maddening because Jason had been vague about everything.

Finn revealed that when he looked back on his past relationships, he wondered how they had ever been enough for him, but when he thought about Elizabeth, it was different. "It's deeper," Finn said. "I feel the same way," she told him. She explained that she wondered why she had ever settled for someone who was so limited with what they could or would share of themselves, and she was glad that she'd gotten it right with Finn. Just then, Chase and Brook Lynn entered the office, looking for help to save their wedding.

Later, Chase, Brook Lynn, and Elizabeth waited as Finn ended a call with Dr. Kramer. Finn shared that he didn't have an update on Gregory because Dr. Kramer had refused to disclose anything. Chase was frustrated because it meant that they would have to rely on Gregory for information. Brook Lynn shifted gears and explained that they needed help getting their wedding back to the original plan. Finn and Elizabeth assured Brook Lynn that they would help.

After Chase and Brook Lynn left, Gregory marched into the office and informed his son that he did not want Finn talking to Dr. Kramer about his case. Finn promised to respect his father's wishes. When he asked Gregory for an update, Gregory conceded that he'd hit a little slump, but he promised that he was better. Elizabeth offered to call Chase and Brook Lynn back to the office to give Gregory a ride home, but Gregory declined. After Gregory left, Finn admitted that Elizabeth was right. "I need to step back," Finn said.

At the elevator, Chase asked Brook Lynn about their honeymoon plans. She reminded him that they had reservations at a luxury hotel in Palm Springs, but Chase was curious if it was what she really wanted. He promised to give her the honeymoon of her dreams, since her family was paying for the wedding. Brook Lynn insisted that she wanted the Palm Springs honeymoon, and she assured him that it would be perfect. Chase watched Brook Lynn walk away. "I can do better than perfect," Chase said.

At Crimson, Nina was surprised to get a visit from Kristina. Kristina made it clear that she had not been okay with what Nina had done to Carly and Drew, but Kristina was willing to accept that Nina had made an impulsive decision that had spiraled out way beyond what Nina had intended. "Yes. That's it exactly," Nina said. Pleased, Kristina added that one bad decision hadn't undone all the good that Nina had done, especially with Sonny. Nina was touched when Kristina insisted that Nina had made Sonny happy, and she was certain that he missed Nina.

Kristina assured Nina that she had always liked Nina, and she wanted the best for Nina. Nina felt the same about Kristina. When Nina motioned to Kristina's baby bump, Kristina beamed as she confirmed that she was pregnant with T.J. and Molly's baby. "What an amazing, generous thing you're doing," Nina said. Kristina smiled, but she warned Nina not to "sanctify" her yet because -- aside from morning sickness -- the hardest part had been keeping everything quiet. Kristina admitted that she wanted to shout the news from the rooftops. "I'm having a baby," Kristina said.

Kristina quickly clarified that she had meant that she was having her baby niece or nephew. Nina suggested that it had been Kristina's hormones talking. Just then, they heard a knock on the door. Nina explained that she had a meeting scheduled, so Kristina walked to the door and opened it. She froze when she saw Maxie and Blaze standing on the other side. Maxie greeted Kristina as she entered the office, but Blaze ignored Kristina as she followed Maxie.

After Maxie introduced Nina to Blaze, Maxie announced that Blaze was the new Face of Deception. Nina recognized Blaze from Nina and Sonny's wedding in Puerto Rico. Blaze acknowledged that she'd been there." So, you remember Kristina," Nina said as she pointed to Kristina. Blaze smiled politely at Kristina, but she did not acknowledge their relationship in any way. Kristina congratulated Blaze on being the Face of Deception. "I can really see it," Kristina pointedly said and walked out.

Later, Blaze wrapped up her visit with Nina and left. Maxie assured Nina that Blaze was exactly who she had presented herself to be, but Nina wanted to know what had happened to Sasha. Maxie filled Nina in about Sasha's resignation. Nina was relieved that it had been Sasha's decision, so Maxie circled back to Blaze because she believed the timing was perfect to expand their youth market. Nina was supportive of Maxie's idea, but she changed the subject by asking if she should send a note of congratulations to Sonny on becoming a great-uncle. Maxie made it clear that she thought it was a bad idea, especially since Nina and Sonny's marriage was over. "Not legally," Nina argued.

Nina tried to justify reaching out to Sonny, but Maxie advised Nina that it would make Nina look desperate. Defensive, Nina explained that she had reason to hope for a reconciliation with Sonny because she hadn't signed the divorce papers, and with Ava, she had someone on the inside. Maxie advised Nina not to count on Ava acting as an advocate because Nina would be disappointed. Nina insisted that she trusted Ava to act in her best interests, but Maxie wasn't persuaded. "Any man you have to plot to get back is not a man you're going to keep," Maxie said.

Maxie confessed that she hadn't liked the woman that Nina had become when she'd married Sonny. "The Nina I know was erased by Mrs. Corinthos," Maxie said. She admitted that she missed the old Nina.

At the hospital, Kristina greeted Dante with a warm hug. As she, Sam, and Dante talked, Stella stopped by to let Dante know that he would be going home. After Sam and Stella left, Kristina told her brother that Sonny blamed himself for Dante's shooting. Dante promised to spend some extra time with their father, so she asked what Dante thought about Ava living with Sonny. Dante admitted that it was weird. Kristina agreed. Moments later, Sam returned. After Kristina left, Sam asked if she had walked in on something, because she'd gotten that feeling from Kristina.

Dante explained that Kristina had been concerned about Sonny and that Ava was still living with him. Sam conceded that it was odd. Later, Dante noticed Sam checking her phone. She admitted that she'd gotten a text message from her mother, but she had checked because she'd been worried it had been the school. Sam reminded Dante that when Danny made his mind up to do something, he found a way to do it. Dante suggested that Sam find some kind of compromise, but she was determined to keep Danny away from Jason and safe from danger.

On the next General Hospital...

Logo

• "You can't possibly think that this is a good idea," Josslyn tells Dex for Portia

• "Is that an indication something's going on?" Tracy asks

• Kevin pays Heather a visit

• "Is that going to be a problem for us?" Blaze asks Kristina

Respected Contributor

Calling out to Phyllis who may still be visiting friends in Nixon Falls:  My dear, you need to return to PC post haste and identify that your friend, Sonny, once again has a "problem".  You can then diagnose that something is off with his meds since on one else seems to make the connection.  Hurry Phyllis, hurry.  :womanfrustrated:

Honored Contributor

I love that they acknowledged Tracy's birthday and a mature storyline for her. 

Excuse me, new GH writers, bravo! 👏

Honored Contributor

In other watching news, is NLG writing now? I appreciate the inequities in healthcare storylines and now the political bent of insurance coverage which should be for all people and not just government workers. And the disabled experiences in America, etc. But if I wanted to watch CNN, I would. This is a soap, not the NY Times.

Can we not destroy Heather as a character? The loon needs to live and not take a job at GH. Streudel may have left the building, but Heather doesn't have a medical degree and she would just eat BLTs and Carly out of business if she became a server at Bobbie's. 

And what is this nonsense that Heather can't do or go wherever she wants? She's been making her constitutionals from every cell and mental ward since the 80s. 

If Kevin is buying this, someone needs to check if he has both hands. And did they pickle Heather's hip joint and put it with Faison's brain on the shelf or are we going to skip Alexis' first case back to court dramatics?

This was the first time I actually enjoyed Portia. You go girl! 

And, excuse me, new GH writers, we already did the roll in the hay with the stable boy. Just ask Monica and Ned. Tracy has thrown it in their face at least a dozen times over the years. 

Was that a miniature moss tree at Bobbie's on the table? Is FV getting a group rate now? If Jason wants to return to mob enforcer, grab the Roundup and murder a few fungi. Please. 🙏

Esteemed Contributor

Can not stand NLG and her soapbox.  She is absolutely venomous in some of the tweets or IG posts that I have seen reposted.

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 In other watching news, is NLG writing now? I appreciate the inequities in healthcare storylines and now the political bent of insurance coverage which should be for all people and not just government workers. And the disabled experiences in America, etc. But if I wanted to watch CNN, I would. This is a soap, not the NY Times. Well said.  And, I'm not too happy with Stella's insertion that Crimson does not have enough "women of color" invested in its pages.  

Can we not destroy Heather as a character? The loon needs to live and not take a job at GH. Streudel may have left the building, but Heather doesn't have a medical degree and she would just eat BLTs and Carly out of business if she became a server at Bobbie's. Let's see...Franco, brain tumor, immediately OK.  Heather, cobalt poisoning, immediately OK. Hmmm

And what is this nonsense that Heather can't do or go wherever she wants? She's been making her constitutionals from every cell and mental ward since the 80s. So true.  That woman knows more about revolving doors than the folks who install them.

If Kevin is buying this, someone needs to check if he has both hands. And did they pickle Heather's hip joint and put it with Faison's brain on the shelf or are we going to skip Alexis' first case back to court dramatics? Thinking along the same lines.  Can just see it now, Alexis' law license reinstated and Heather is her first client.  Can't wait to see her (Diane) partner's reaction.  A pro bono case?

This was the first time I actually enjoyed Portia. You go girl! Exactly, OMG, Portia found her backbone and actually elevated her voice.

And, excuse me, new GH writers, we already did the roll in the hay with the stable boy. Just ask Monica and Ned. Tracy has thrown it in their face at least a dozen times over the years. Hay fever anyone?

Was that a miniature moss tree at Bobbie's on the table? Is FV getting a group rate now? If Jason wants to return to mob enforcer, grab the Roundup and murder a few fungi. Please. 🙏 My bad in that I didn't notice the mini moss, however, I did notice that the grilled cheese looked positively burned, charred.

Can not stand NLG and her soapbox.  She is absolutely venomous in some of the tweets or IG posts that I have seen reposted. Thank you.  I have no problem in an individual tweeting/posting their views, however, I want to watch a daily "soap" and well constructed S/L's; not writers/actors personal views.  What's that old saying?  A time and place for everything and everything in its place.

Respected Contributor

My chuckle today:  Olivia cannot make the chicken parmesan for Dante/Sam. (Olivia didn't notice the chicken was spoiled?)  Really? Not sure why she called Cody, but Sasha answered.  Here's my chuckle...Ahh, Olivia, why not call the Metro Court (hello, 1/2 owner) and have a 5 star meal delivered to Dante's residence?  Just sayin....

BTW, whatever happened to "chef" who used to be in the Q kitchen.  Initially no one was allowed in there, but the "chef" relaxed that rule (years ago) and has allowed Olivia free reign.  So is Olivia now the "chief cook and bottle washer" at the Q's? Did "chef" get the pink slip?

Honored Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort Last I heard Chef Q works for Pizza Hut now. 🤣