Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital 🏥 April 2024 - Spoilers Included

@kelsey17 wrote:

I have to laugh at the sudden "lets get Sonny" storyline they are trying to sell us this time..........first of all the ones

ready to 'get him"  Laura, Jordan, Joss, Anna HAVE ALL BEEN   CO CONSPIRITERS IN SOME FORM OR ANOTHER TO HAVE SONNY DO SOMETHING "not so upstanding" for THEM in order to save either THEIR hides or the hides of a friend or loved one........and smiled and thanked him all the way...................then he beats up Cyrus (they all said Cyrus was a threat to the city) and now Sonny is a Monster!!   Ridiculous.........If he goes to trial will THEY all be taking the stand to confess 

their sins with Sonnys help??hhaha

@kelsey17 Wait! Wait! I need to roll on the floor laughing back to the other side! 😂😂😂

They are all co-conspirators. All of PC needs to go to jail! Saint Cyrus needs to be elected mayor and bye, bye GH. 👋 As Cyrus would broadcast " The End is Near! " 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

I'm confused by many things, but most of all about Ava having Sonny's medication tested. 

And you (all of us) should be confused.  Our darling "new" writers have Ava suspicious after not being able to fall asleep after she goes to Sonny's bathroom and rummages through the drawers looking for something to "help her sleep".  She finds the RX med that says "may cause drowsiness"; she takes a couple of the pills. She goes back to bed and still cannot fall asleep (did not cause drowsiness).  So and here's the "wacky" part; she takes a couple of the pills and sends them to an independent lab to be tested...HEY, what's not confusing about that?  LOL

Now, today, with the results she heard from the lab (the RX shows less that 25% strength) she asks Sonny if his meds "make him sleepy"?  This is AFTER the fact that HIS drug did not make HER sleepy!  Viola...Sonny said "it used to make him sleepy...BUT...guess I'm used to it" 

ME?  I would have asked him BEFORE I sent out the pills to the lab; Sonny,  BTW, have you taken your meds this morning?  Gee, just wondering, do they make you drowsy, sleepy as some meds might?  Why, Sonny might ask?  Just curious Sonny, responds Ava.  Just my steps in the writing...........

And as @Laura14 has asked....we have new writers because...........

Respected Contributor

Alrighty then, since Lois did the "strong arm shuffle" to have Sonny (Uncle Dimples) finally commit to attending BLQ/Chase's nuptials, and she asked, will you be bringing a "plus one" when Ava entered the scene...will Sonny be asking/bringing Ava to the wedding?  If so, how does she 'splain that" to her BFF Nina?  Sonny and Ava at the wedding...oh fun times!  

Seriously folks, I think Sonny is correct in not attending since "he is still a target"; there are many people/family in attendance that he "hates" these days and hate him back; and the list goes on and on. 

Psssttt, Sonny, @mysoutherncomfort here...stick to your "guns" (pun intended) and do not attend....butttt, I know you will.  Hmmm, maybe the groom will arrest you?  Could happen.  

Gift:  BTW, an Expresso maker?  That's all the gift you can muster up?  Yeech!

Esteemed Contributor

@GinaV24 @Laura14 @mysoutherncomfort. Thank you for your kindness.  I'm home; very sore and tired, but, thankful to be home.

I watched today.  Maura is a beautiful woman.  Her skin is just gorgeous.  Same for Sofia, just beautiful. 

I appreciate the updates.  Question,  who is Madison???

I really hope they don't pair Jagger and Carly.  I don't trust him.

If this is going to be Sonny's swan song hope the writers do a better job than this.  

Honored Contributor

Can I throw up my BLT now? As if Carly would ever get involved with the FBI. Did the SEC charges mean nothing? 

Ava is the only reason this show peaks my curiosity right now. I get the suspicion, the old writers were turning Ava evil, and the new writers are turning her back to good. She is on a mission to ferret out the bad guy. Look no further than Carly's new beau.

And what's with the horror music? If you write a good script, you don't need crashing cymbals and dramatic melodies.

And we have finally checked in with every character and no one has a real storyline except Sonny and Ava. I am over this wedding. Chase and Brookie were never a super couple. They don't even have real chemistry. Luke and Laura they are not. 

At this point, I like Cyrus back on my screen. When the fake matyr is the realest persona on screen, GH writers, we have a problem. Fix it! 

@mysoutherncomfort Did you see Sonny slap that desk? I know that was you in the writers' room breaking the hookahs and setting the pips with the Bics straight! You go girl! When MB is taking notes from you, it's a good day. 🍸🍸🍸

Honored Contributor

@grandma r So glad you are on the mend. ❤️ Madison is the new manager of Bobbie's. Don't ask me how they are making chili, burgers, fries, and BLTs without a stove. Apparently everyone loved the salad. 

Honored Contributor

The Daytime Emmy nominations are coming out tonight and tomorrow for 2023 performances. Here is the first batch. We got nada, GH people. 

Outstanding Lead Performance in a Daytime Drama Series: Actor

Eric Braeden as Victor Newman, “The Young and the Restless” (CBS)

Scott Clifton as Liam Spencer, “The Bold and the Beautiful” (CBS)

Thorsten Kaye as Ridge Forrester, “The Bold and the Beautiful” (CBS)

Eric Martsolf as Brady Black, “Days of Our Lives” (Peacock)

John McCook as Eric Forrester, “The Bold and the Beautiful” (CBS)

Rumor has it, Cynthia Watros has been nominated for Lead Actress...

Honored Contributor

Rumor is true! For Lead Actress, we got two...

Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke, The Bold and the Beautiful)
Annika Noelle, (Hope, The Bold and the Beautiful)
Michelle Stafford (Phyllis, The Young and the Restless)
Tamara Braun (Ava, Days of Our Lives)
Finola Hughes (Anna, General Hospital)
Cynthia Watros (Nina, General Hospital)

Honored Contributor

And for best drama, we will defend our title! The rest of the categories are out tomorrow. 

The nominees for Outstanding Daytime Drama Series for the 2024 Daytime Emmys

The Bay (Popstar! TV)

The Bold and the Beautiful (CBS)

Days of our Lives (Peacock)

General Hospital (ABC)

Neighbours (Amazon Freevee)

The Young and the Restless (CBS)

Trusted Contributor

None of the male nominees impress me ( I can’t speak to the man on DOOL as I have never seen him). Kind of surprised no one from GH received a Lead Actor nomination, but I’ll be rooting for Cynthia WatrosSmiley Happy