Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ April 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

I want to share what influenced the topic for the QOTM: "Heavy Hitters". I keep reading both here and on other sites that Wes Ramsey/Peter has nothing to worry about since he is the Significant Other of Laura Wright/Carly. It's possible and even probable that Laura had something to do with getting Wes in front of whomever makes the casting decisions for GH; however I don't believe for one minute they would keep him if he wasn't producing, i.e. causing controversy and making the viewers either love or hate him.

If you've been reading the GH threads for a month you know I dislike the character of Peter August. From everything I've read about Wes Ramsey he and I could be friends, even good friends. His co-stars including Kirsten Storms/Maxie rave about what a good man he is and what a generous co-star he is. She feels he makes her a better actor. This means Wes is playing a character who is totally different from the man he is and he is playing it to perfection. That's what acting is all about.

While Laura is a heavy hitter, I don't think she has that much influence to get TPTB to keep Mr. Ramsey if he wasn't "bringing it" as Peter. It's an injustice to him/his ability to assume he's being carried because of who he's sleeping with. That's my belief and I doubt it will be changing.

Will return later with my answers to Questions 1 and 2.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

for me :the Stong men

Valentine,Sonny,Jason,Cryus( the evil one,)I miss Jerome!

Stong women.

Ava,Laura,Carly,Lesil

@grandma r 

I loved Douglas Watson also

Sorry @Tique 

my mind is sleepy today..sigh..maybe later i can remember more to talk about.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

While Carly is running around butting into every situation in Port Charles and playing a dangerous game of chicken with both Peter and Cyrus, where exactly is the baby she fought so hard to keep with all the health problems? Seriously, she calls herself a mother???

Trusted Contributor

@Tique  I totally agree on your assessment of Wes. I don't think Laura would have that much say in the matter of him being let go. Has he had parts on any other soaps or any other shows? I am not at all familiar with his back ground. I guess I should go use google and find out for myself.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Honored Contributor

@southern comfort  have been thinking of you. Please check in whenever you can and give us an update.

@grandma r  I am still waiting my time for the vaccine. Unless things change that will be in ~ two weeks for my area.

Trusted Contributor

Tique - I really enjoyed your post about GH 58th birthday as it was fun reading about all the characters of years gone by.  You do a wonderful job of bringing this information to us and keeping the conversation interesting.  I think that the heavy-hitters are of course Sonny and Carly and Jason and the Quartermaines and the Cassidines. I think of  everyone else such as Laura, Anna and Scorpio, Ava, Nicholas are background.  I do like the brothers Finn and Chase. 

Btw, when Nina called her friend Phyllis and Sonny answered the phone, it looked like she recognized the voice and I think that is why she went to see Phyllis, anyone else think that or are they just gong to make it look like she innocently went there and just happen to see him.  She won't be so innocent now that she is hiding something.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Man, @Tique , tough QOTM because right now I just don't think any of them are the heavy hitters of the past.  For me personally there are no polarizing characters that I look forward to seeing.  I watch because overall I enjoy the show but it has been some time since there was anyone who was must see.

I know Sonny and Jason are considered to be but they are not living up to their reputations IMO, Ava and Valentine possibly.  

As far as the actors I feel are the heavy hitters, that would be Laura Wright, Maurice Benard, Finola Hughes and Steve Burton.  I don't think Laura Wright is quite up there as far as the other three with the perks.  Possibly 

This is off the top of my head...I will continue to think and I am sure change my mind 100 times plus come up with people from the first part of the question.

ETA:  Already adding...character that I didn't think of but really need much more of.... @cowboy sam jogged my memory....Liesl

Esteemed Contributor

@abbalulu wrote:

@Tique  I totally agree on your assessment of Wes. I don't think Laura would have that much say in the matter of him being let go. Has he had parts on any other soaps or any other shows? I am not at all familiar with his back ground. I guess I should go use google and find out for myself.

I agree...when I mentioned previously I didn't feel he was going anywhere, I meant because of the character Peter vs. WR being LW's man.

Honored Contributor

GH Spoilers: Liz Clashes With Cam Over Jason

Diane Brounstein

GH Spoilers: Liz Clashes With Cam Over Jason

General Hospital spoilers for Friday reveal a clash, a defense, awkwardness, and so much more.

General Hospital Spoilers Highlights

Liz is still reeling from Jake’s meeting with his dad and Jason emphatically denying that he killed Franco, so when she encounters Cam’s revenge-filled attitude, the two clash. Cam remains determined to avenge Franco and make Jason pay.

Finn stops by and can see Liz is bothered and asks if something happened since they last talked. He also encounters Chase and the two share an awkward moment. Things don’t go much better for Jackie, who asks her son if they can get past it. Jackie later confronts Peter. Will she tear him a new one?

To Save Jason

Carly joins a busy Diane, fresh off defending Alexis, at the courthouse. She is there to support Jason of course and quickly lets her BFF know that if Peter can play dirty, she can too. She’s already put a plan into action — she’s simply waiting to see if  Valentin was able to get the goods.

Speaking of that plan she made with Anna, the latter runs into Robert at the courthouse and asks for his help. She probably needs more time to see if Valentin was able to work his magic on Gladys and get Brando’s mom to spill the beans on her plot with Cyrus. Will Robert help?

The Future Awaits

Trina tells Joss that what happens next will change the course of their lives. Does this have anything to do with getting into college or are these two cooking up some other plot that could cause them both more trouble than they realize?

Nina has found her own trouble but she doesn’t even know it yet. She convinces herself she’s doing the right thing. But she will slip up because Smike asks her what makes her think she knows him so well. Will she finally spill what she knows about him?

Super Contributor

If - and let's hope not - Maxie's plan to have baby reported as stillborn takes place, I'll just bet Britt has one of her attacks or becomes ill and can't carry through with her part.