Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ April 2020 ~ Spoilers Included

[ Edited ]

My answers will probably surprise some of you because they surprised me. Remember these were for stories that went on from January thru December of last year.

• Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series:

Maura West as Ava

• Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series: 

Jon Lindstrom as Ryan/Kevin Collins

• Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: 

Genie Francis as Laura

• Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series:

Max Gail as Mike Corbin   

• Outstanding Younger Actress & Actor in a Drama Series:

Garren Stitt as Oscar Nero

• Outstanding Guest Performer in a Drama Series:

No one.

A Guest Performer means that actor/actress was only on a few shows during the year. You are only considered a Guest for one year. After that if you are asked back you become a Supporting or a Lead Actor.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

General Hospital

~~~Happy 57th Anniversary GH!~~~

Esteemed Contributor

• Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series:

MAURA WEST.......Ava...........love her/hate her..she

does a great job

• Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series:

Maurice Bernard.....Sonny...scenes with his dad very

moving....

• Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series:

Michelle Stafford as Nina...in the past year before

the new Nina..i thought she did great

• Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series:

Max Gail .....as Sonny's dad

Outstanding Younger Actress & Actor in a Drama Series: {Effective this year they are combining these two categories.}

Garron Stitt  as Oscar.....great job

Eden McCoy  as Joss

(Trina has been good but more just recently)

Respected Contributor

OK, so here I am trying to type my thoughts on today's episode (Wednesday) however, I keep having to pause because I am ROTFLOL due to the scene with Julian/Alexis/Neil/Brit at GH.  Julian is ready to "punch out Neil" cause he slept with Alexis in NYC....blah, blah, and that's what caused  her to take a drink.  OMG...sorry, still ROTFLOL.  Julian, the husband who held a knife to his wife's throat, who alledgedly began her decent into alcohol abuse, is now "Sir Galahad"?  REALLY?????

Giving a bit of credit where it's due, Brit seemingly has ended her "fun" with Julian.  We'll see....just so much what's the word I'm groping for........oh, yes, so much writing "******".

Respected Contributor

Sonny/Mike S/L:  Max Gail as Mike....TERRIFIC!  Personally, the only time I find Sonny (Maurice) worthwhile in this role is when he is dealing/coping/interplaying with Mike.  Otherwise as a "mobster" or showing some semblance of a "family man", it's a few words here and there and he might as well phone it in.  Just sayin.............

Esteemed Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

Sonny/Mike S/L:  Max Gail as Mike....TERRIFIC!  Personally, the only time I find Sonny (Maurice) worthwhile in this role is when he is dealing/coping/interplaying with Mike.  Otherwise as a "mobster" or showing some semblance of a "family man", it's a few words here and there and he might as well phone it in.  Just sayin.............

---------------

I think that Maurice is using his real life issues with mental illness - bipolar disporder - to reinforce his acting in the role of son, Sonny.  I have enjoyed those Mike/Sonny episodes!!!

Honored Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

@mysoutherncomfort   I completely agree with you. What I bolded was the exact reason I didn't think he should have won last year. To me if you are representing a category it means you are consistent - not just responsive on a storyline you prefer. Mike is consistent. Some of the best scenes were with Sonny but he was also good with Carly, Joss, Michael, Stella, and even when he was involved with Yvonne. No disputing Max Gail should win his second/back-to-back Emmy this year. 

Esteemed Contributor

We were interrupted just as Julian rushed in to confront Neil.  After about 35 min we were back with commercials.  Saw a snippet of Sonny and Mike.  Looking forward to watching later.

Esteemed Contributor

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTH TO ALL CELEBRATING!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Tique  Wow!  I totally agree with  you 100%.