Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ April 2020 ~ Spoilers Included

It seems with the Gov'nr here coming on at about 2-215P I 'll watch the day prior to episode so it'll be okay to miss the older shows reruns.

I was yelling at Alexis via the tv screen to NOT pick up that drink. She obviously did not hear me. But she did throw back only one AND called someone, anyone to pick her up, who took her right to a meeting. Good deed Julius.

Tiring of the to do with the mob, that Cyrus person, the Commish, Jason, Sonny, who'd I leave out...let's just end this one.

Moving into the Samantha and Jason social distancing..I am REALLY TIRED of her altogether on this show. That little lace number she had on I think Friday was totally disgusting. What was that all about???????????

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Wsmom   this is for GH performers only so we're all experts. Heart

I really dislike that they decided to combine the younger actress and actor into one category. I would like to see the actor who played Oscar be nominated. Cam also had some great storylines. Aunt Stella won Guest Performance the first year she was on. You have to have a limited number of performances like Mary Pat did last year to qualify for that category.

The eligibility dates for this year's awards are for last year's performances, beginning January 1st thru December 31st, 2019. To refresh our memory, here are the winners and nominees for last year.

From the May thread 

Nominations for Daytime Emmy Awards 2019

[Only included categories that GH has a nominee or two or three.}

Outstanding Drama Series

General Hospital ABC

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series

Maura West as Ava Jerome

Laura Wright as Carly Corinthos

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series

Maurice Benard as Sonny Corinthos - Winner

Jon Lindstrom as Ryan/Kevin Collins

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series

Vernee Watson as Stella Henry - Winner

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series

Max Gail as Mike Corbin - Winner

Dominic Zamprogna as Dante Falconeri

Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series

Hayley Erin as Kiki Jerome - Winner

Chloe Lanier as Nelle Benson
Eden McCoy as Josslyn Jacks

Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series

William Lipton as Cameron Webber

Garren Stitt as Oscar Nero

Outstanding Guest Performer in a Drama Series

Patricia Bethune as Nurse Mary Pat - Winner

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Trusted Contributor

I think Sonny should win as best actor and if not him, Max Gail for playing his father. They are excellent together.  I like Ava even though she is so bad but I think she does a good job acting and you can see the softness come through when she is with Trina.  For the young actor, I think it should be Cameron as he has done a really good job lately.  I like Alexis also.  Sorry for that scene with Sam as I do not think Alexis deserved that as Sam should not see Jason at all and do what she is supposed to do.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique  thanks for this thread.  You are the best. 

Max Gail absolutely deserves the Emmy!!! I suppose he would be in the Guest Actor category.

Maurice Benard for Best Actor.  His interactions with Max were/are believable. 

Best Actress, toss up between Laura and Maura.

Younger category, I saw the most growth with Will (Cam) during the Oscar s/l.

What would I like to see?????   Nelle gone forever!!!!  Longer, if possible.   Put an end to this Cyrus circus.  No need for this at all.  Better writing!!!  Reality as opposed to stupid (the parole officer, Alcolexis, Jordan).

My guess is Trina is Curtis's daughter and st momma doc knows it.  Jordan and Taggert have history;  please don't insult viewers that he is TJ's dad.  It was already proven that Sean Butler is his dad.

Hopefully April will bring sunshine and hope.  A massive thank you to all of our healthcare workers for their dedication.   Thank you to all working to keep us going.

Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD 

OMGoodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Look at this - I just logged in, landed here on GH and see this!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!  And I wish other APRIL BABES and DUDES another go 'round. BLESS US ALL!!!

And a birthday blessing to you.  Enjoy, be safe and go wild...OK, with a little "social distancing"....:womanlol:

Respected Contributor

Here are the major categories;

• Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series: Need to think about it

• Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series: Need to think about it

• Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Still thinking about it.

• Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series:
  • Max Gail, Max Gail, Max Gail (as Mike Corbin)

• Outstanding Younger Actress & Actor in a Drama Series: {Effective this year they are combining these two categories.} Characters as portrayed as Trina Robinson for actress and Cameron Webber for actor.

• Outstanding Guest Performer in a Drama Series:  OK, still thinking about it.

Honored Contributor

Answers for me are pretty much like @grandma r , @Tique .  

Mostly just listening to GH right now because it's not worth watching.  LOL  At least we have the teens to keep us entertained.  So much better than the adults right now.

Happy Birth Month @PINKdogWOOD .  Wishing you a wonderful April!

@Tique ... Thank you for all your hard work keeping us going each month.  It means more than you can imagine.  We are blessed to have you.

TO ALL:  Blessings and Be Safe.  Take extra care of you and yours during this diffucult time in our lives.  We Can Do This!   Heck, we've proven we can get thru anything since we are still sticking with GH.  LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

April is my birthday month and one of my candles will be to light the fungus on fire.  Smiley Very Happy

You are all invited to my bash.  Alexis will be hosting and swinging from the chandeliers with Neil, Julian, and don't be surprised to see Jerry Jacks make a cameo appearance just for me.  I figured with all the exes in the room, she'll have more than a good time plus she has the liquor store on speed dial and they deliver.  Smiley Very Happy  Rick will also be in the house for comic relief along with Scotty to park the cars.

Awards being handed out during the festivities include:

Nik for best entrance needing a towel wipe.

Ava for best pirouette off a parapet.

Mike for just being Mike together with Stella for just being Stella.

Roxy takes the non-human acting award and Robert will be in the house for best straight face during a load of bull.  Anna has given him plenty.

Lastly, in lieu of gifts, I will take Tracy coming back to the Q household, putting the door back where it belongs, and handing Ned and Brookie their pampered behinds on a silver platter.  Since it's a milestone birthday for me, I also demand Luke in the corner with popcorn and a snide remark or two.  Smiley Very Happy

Happy April all!  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

April is my birthday month and one of my candles will be to light the fungus on fire.  Smiley Very Happy...

@Laura14    be a little more specific. A date would be appreciated even if [especially if] you are celebrating all 30 days. Please and thank you.  Heart

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Respected Contributor

Happy Birthmonth, @Laura14  and @PINKdogWOOD .  Do what you can to celebrate now, but this summer, we are gonna REALLY celebrate!

I agree with everyone, Max Gail for best guest star. 

Cameron Webber for younger, he has really grown as an actor (sorry, I do not know his name right now)

Maura West for best actress, hands down

I do not think our show has a best actor right now

My boyfriend, Curtis for best supporting actor

And Michelle Stafford for best supporting actress

All I really want to do right now is what is "normal" for me.  Go to work M-F and then take my Saturday to get nails and hair done and then some shopping in my local stores.  As boring as my real life is, I really miss it right now!

Stay well, stay home!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it