Honored Contributor

Gene Tierney paper dolls

[ Edited ]

Well, @Oznell, I did it.  I treated myself to a Gene Tierney paper doll booklet.

All these costumes are from Laura.   Naturally, I then had to watch my DVD of the movie again last night.  That film never fails to satisfy.

p.s.  I would not want the movie itself colorized, but I do enjoy seeing the clothes in color. (Costumes from some of her other films are also included.)

Image result for gene tierney paper dolls

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gene Tierney paper dolls

Loved Gene Tierny always thought she was SO pretty....

my favorite film of hers was "The Ghost And Mrs. Muir"

Honored Contributor

Oh, what sharp outfits, @GingerPeach!  She was so beautifully dressed in that film.  I can see why you'd have to watch again, for the umpteenth satisfying time!

Have fun "playing", ha.   Perhaps you can fashion a little Dana Andrews figure, complete with classic Forties' tailoring, skeptical expression, and fedora, to go along with your "Laura"....

Actually, I imagine you'll keep your set pristine, more like a little art object to admire-- what fun that you found one so apropos...

Honored Contributor

How fun!  I love those. 

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Well, @Oznell, I did it.  I treated myself to a Gene Tierney paper doll booklet.

All these costumes are from Laura.  Naturally, I then had to watch my DVD of the movie again last night.  That film never fails to satisfy.

p.s.  I would not want the movie itself colorized, but I do enjoy seeing the clothes in color.

Image result for gene tierney paper dolls

How great are these!!! The fashions in the movie were by Bonnie Cashin. Her line of clothing was penned Cashin Fashion. Couldn't have come up with a better name myself! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Her fashion in "Laura" was amazing! Love that movie.

Honored Contributor

You're right, @Oznell

I don't cut them out (as I'm no longer 10 years old!).  Woman LOL

They've got that nice historical interest, and film interest.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

I love those, @GingerPeach. I thought she was at her most beautiful in Leave Her to Heaven. 

Honored Contributor

@Ruby Laine  I thought she was at her most beautiful in The Razor's Edge, even tho Laura was my favorite.

Bonnie Cashin Fashion~love this outfit-would wear it today.

Respected Contributor

If you love vintage paper dolls (like me!) check out the offerings on ebay. So fun!