Honored Contributor

Re: Gene Tierney paper dolls

[ Edited ]

@Judaline wrote:

@Ruby Laine  I thought she was at her most beautiful in The Razor's Edge, even tho Laura was my favorite.

Bonnie Cashin Fashion~love this outfit-would wear it today.

@Judaline 

I wish I'd known The Razor's Edge was on FXM today (it repeats tonight but at post-midnight 12:30 a.m.).  Somehow I'd never seen it before and I missed the beginning today.  I also realize I've never read the book.  I'm going to remedy that soon.

TCM apparently won't be showing it anytime soon since it doesn't come up in the "reminders" feature.

What a worthwhile film about a worthwhile concept!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

I loved paper dolls when I was a little girl.  I think Gene Tierney is one of the most beautiful actress to come out of Hollywood.

Frequent Contributor

Love Gene Tierney. Watched The Ghost and Mrs. Muir last night  (one of my favorites) and thank you for The Razor's Edge heads up. I am dvring!!!!!

Contributor

I recorded the Ghost and Mrs. Muir and occasionally watch it. My mother had a large box of paper dolls from her younger years and she passed them on to me. Sadly I loved them so much that I killed them. Lol.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have always thought she was exquisitely beautiful, and “Laura” is one of my ten favorite movies of all time.  I named one of my girls “Laura” after the movie and its beautiful theme music.  My mom  was always told she looked like Gene Tierney.

my gosh, that brings me back.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

I have always thought she was exquisitely beautiful, and “Laura” is one of my ten favorite movies of all time.  I named one of my girls “Laura” after the movie and its beautiful theme music.  My mom  was always told she looked like Gene Tierney.

I would love to see a picture of your mom. Did she have those green eyes??!!

Trusted Contributor

@GingerPeach 

These are fantastic! I used to love Betsy McCall paper dolls from McCall's Magazine. Paper dolls were sort of the precursors to Colorforms, which I also loved. They were brightly-colored vinyl removable outfits you could paste on to characters.

Gene Tierney's face was made for the big screen - I almost can't concentrate on her dialogue because her face is so flawless.

Thank you for sharing these! 

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

I would love to see a picture of your mom. Did she have those green eyes??!!

@Judaline 

I have a photo but don’t know how to post to this iPad.  Yes, my mother had those beautiful slanted green eyes and that Celtic high cheek boned face.  I’ll see if one of my daughters can post her photo for me.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline 

My mom Christmas 1956.  I posted this from my computer.  She was 38 at the time.  She only had a decade more to live.

Mom Xmas 1955.jpg

Formerly Ford1224
Trusted Contributor

@LilacTree 

Your mom was stunning! Those CHEEKBONES!!! 

Thank you for sharing this beautiful picture. She is resting with the angels now.