Esteemed Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

Years ago I rehabilitated raccoons.  They are born tricksters each with their own personalities.  Our family loved the LayZBoy ad where the raccoon came in the open window and lounged in the chair.  That is exactly the way many of ours sat.  Our summers were spent teaching them to catch minnows and crayfish and find their own food.  We spent many weekends camping near a pond with a raccoon colony on state land where they could be safely released at the right time.  Once released we checked back several times to make sure all was OK.  It was both sad and a joy when they decided they no longer needed us.  After a few last visits they would come within site when called as if to say good bye but did not come to us.   They gave the family some wonderful memories.   I get a good laugh when I see the GEICO ad.  It gets my attention better than their other recent ads.

Though I am very leary of raccoons, I live in a  city neighborhood where there are frees and a creek, so there a lots of raccoons around us. One night I left my garage door open, but the light was on, and I took some garbage out. Just as I turned the corner to enter, I looked in and a mama raccoon and her three babies were in my garage climbing all over my exercise equipment. I yelled "Get out!" and they scattered, except one of the babies who ran under my car. The mama stayed in my flower bed and growled at me till I left. Then she got her baby. From then on, I made it a point to close my garage while it was still daylight. They are so very cute, but they can be vicious. Some people in the area have lost their pets to raccoons who are scary fighters.

Honored Contributor

I have seen that one. Geico, for the most part, has had some pretty funny commercials.

Esteemed Contributor

I love that commercial...it makes me laugh everytime...

I find that all the Geico commercials are fun and entertaining.....the only ones i didn't like was when they had those ape men...never made any sense to me....

Honored Contributor
Respected Contributor

@feline groovy

thank you so much for posting this.  i had never seen it and i really do love it!  what will they think of next!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I also love the "alligator arms" one.

Image result for geico alligator gif

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono.  Years ago a few ladies got together a couple of times per month to have a lady's day out on a shopping trip.  Rules were the passengers split the cost of gas and all meals were on separate checks.  The same lady always had an excuse why she could not drive and had no cash when it was time to give the driver gas money.  She was quick to tell the waitress only 1check and then she would order an expensive meal with desert.  We let her get away with it twice and then no more.  We all had families and children.  She had neither and she had a good job.  We were stay at home moms with a 1 paycheck family.  When winter set in we stopped our outings because of snow and ice.  A couple of us are now retired and we are shopping again.  I laughed when I first saw the alligator arms because it reminded me of the lady years ago.  There is one in every group at some point in life.

Honored Contributor

The little lizard in his teeny tiny apartment getting a very huge take out delivered.... LOL!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

How about the new Sheba commercial with the guy getting 'busy' when his cat just stares at him? He stops what he's doing, with his pants around his ankles, to go feed the cat!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

I also love the "alligator arms" one.

Image result for geico alligator gif

Heh.  

Full commercial:

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/A1vW/geico-alligator-arms-its-what-you-do