Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gayle King with R. Kelly interview

I saw the news portion yesterday and talk about an out of control victim.  Makes him lose credibility.

Today there was a segment with the 2 live-in girlfriends.  The most chilling thing Gayle said was that he was just out sight of the camera and "coughed" when he wanted the girls to change topic.  Horrifying.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't see the interview. I'm not into R Kelly's music, but I have to say, this stuff about him has been well known in the music community for years, and I even think he has had a previous arrest. Somehow, none of it caught up to him until now. Kind of like Harvey Weinstein.  Many knew it and kept silent.

Honored Contributor

Speaking of R Kelly's lawyer, this was the best Twitter post of the day yesterday:

https://twitter.com/GilbertAgent0/status/1103143690342752256

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I think R. Kelly agreed to do this interview thinking it would help his image.  He wanted to get his side out there and make it seem like the charges brought against him are ridiculous.  I'm sure his attorney highly advised against it knowing things weren't going to go well for him.  And sure enough, he came completely unglued.

Yes charges were brought against him before and a jury found him not guilty.  First of all they had videotape evidence that was presented so it wasn't all he said/she said.  However the family of the young girl seen in the video denied it was their daughter.  Many believe R. Kelly paid off the family.

Second of all, to say the jurors were not the best would be putting it mildly.  A few of them admitted they didn't like the way the girls looked who testified against R. Kelly.      

Honored Contributor

"Nice job Gayle King, keeping your calm during his tyrade."

"Gayle sitting there and letting him go off was perfect."

"Robert......Robert......Robert"

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

The entire interview will be shown tomorrow @ 7P CT/8P ET.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

Also, I see Gayle will be on Stephen Colbert tonight, so I'm sure he'll have some interesting questions.

Denise
Honored Contributor

I'm glad they decided to show the whole thing, hopefully without interruption.

Then people can decide for themselves.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I think he's a danger to himself and others. This will not end well. I can't help but having an empathetic reaction to the sight of a man who is realizing his entire world is crashing in. There was no way that outburst was faked.

With that said, he needs to pay the price for his crimes.

Honored Contributor

He hung himself with the 'underage' question.  Dude's been on videotape engaging in 'underage' activity.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise