Honored Contributor

Re: Gayle King with R. Kelly interview

I would like to have been in the room when R. Kelly informed his attorney he was going to do this interview.  Then I would have liked to have seen his attorney during this interview.  I wonder if he has any hair left!

Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

If he behaved this erratically/violent/threatening during a nationally televised interview...how the heck does he behave behind closed doors if one confronts/accuses or "disrespects" him?

That was exactly my thought.   If he exploded like that in a filmed interview that was meant to improve his image, can you imagine how he behaved in private towards underage girls who pushed back? 

Valued Contributor

I think this was carefully orchestrated to show how imbalanced he is.  It can be used by the defense to show he has issues and so less jail time.

Honored Contributor

@sissel wrote:

Wow Gayle did so good keeping her composer with R. Kelly going insane. Why did he even do this interview which may be played at his trial? He seems out of control. Think now he will go to jail but he will be a problem with the other inmates. Gayle did a great job. R. Kelly's lawyer should not have allowed him to do this but Gayle did an interview many people would love to get. Great job Gayle

All I can say is wow.  Gayle was amazing.  I did notice his publicist in the background trying to calm him down.  Amazing.

Honored Contributor

@bootsanne wrote:

I think this was carefully orchestrated to show how imbalanced he is.  It can be used by the defense to show he has issues and so less jail time.

That is not a legal defense for child molestation.  And he can't use an insanity defense because he's so calculated.  He's going to prison where the other inmates are said to be brutal on pedophiles.

Trusted Contributor

I believe this was carefully staged; I also believe it backfired.  R Kelly didnt have the forsight to realize it could be used against him in the future.  Gayle was the winner.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

I remember Gayle being a tv news reporter way back in the 1980's at a station that broadcasts out of Hartford, Ct. She was there for quite a long time.

She anchored the news there for years.  One of my good friends was her producer.  She and Oprah spoke on the phone daily but according to my friend, who worked for Gayle for years, she is not "involved" with Oprah in the way people claim.  She also said Gayle was one of the nicest people she ever worked for.

Honored Contributor

I have no doubt there were some big, strong men behind the camera facing R. Kelly.  No one would have let him hurt Gayle.  Kudos to her, her bravery and professionalism will probably help put him away. 

Honored Contributor

Now I wish I saw the interview. I didn't watch because we saw all this before and he was found not guilty.  Perhaps they have more that "he said, she said" this time and things will be different in this #metoo environment.  Although, I don't have much faith in women coming forward years later to make their allegations.  I think the child support thing is probably the thing that will be his undoing and lead to jail time.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree ,

It's all over youtube.  That's how I watched it.