Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gavin McLeod Dead at 90

[ Edited ]

@twinsister 

I watch so little TV anymore, mostly because the characters that populate current TV are not very likeable.  

When you watched MTM or the Love Boat, you fell in love with those characters...they made you laugh and seemed like people you would want to know.

I guess I'm just getting old and cranky, but I sure miss those shows!

Such an entertaining man and the best at what he did.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@twinsister 

I watch so little TV anymore, mostly because the characters that populate current TV are not very likeable.  

When you watched MTM or the Love Boat, you fell in love with those characters...they made you laugh and seemed like people you would want to know.

I guess I'm just getting old and cranky, but I sure miss those shows!

Such an entertaining man and the best at what he did.

@Witchy Woman  That's about the only shows on our cable tv. About eighty percent or more are all the old shows including Love Boat. A few are good, but not so many. I'm ready to cancel.

Honored Contributor

Sad news, as others have posted Gavin played his role as Murray beautifully!  Everyone on that show was so good with their characters.  Also Gavin did well with the Love Boat captain role, a nice light hearted sitcom which was fun and relaxing to watch.  Gavin seemed to be an easy going fun person just doing his job of bringing us all entertainment.

May he be at peace with God and thanks for the hours of fun TV.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

I hear you.  I have satellite, but it stays off almost all day.  I'm just not a TV person I guess.  Nothing current interests me.  I'll catch Turner Classic Movies now and then, but I've seen most of those multiple times.

I'm sure those older shows are on somewhere in my selection, but...I don't have the patience to sit and watch much of anything.  I rarely sit unless I'm at the computer Cat Wink

I find myself doing other things...sewing, or working on puzzles...or cleaning and organizing, and I just leave the TV off because I like the quiet.

Back in the day, we enjoyed watching a few shows EVERY week, and MTM was one of them.

Now...I've even tuned out QVC, so you know I'm on the wagon Cat LOL

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ 

I hear you.  I have satellite, but it stays off almost all day.  I'm just not a TV person I guess.  Nothing current interests me.  I'll catch Turner Classic Movies now and then, but I've seen most of those multiple times.

I'm sure those older shows are on somewhere in my selection, but...I don't have the patience to sit and watch much of anything.  I rarely sit unless I'm at the computer Cat Wink

I find myself doing other things...sewing, or working on puzzles...or cleaning and organizing, and I just leave the TV off because I like the quiet.

Back in the day, we enjoyed watching a few shows EVERY week, and MTM was one of them.

Now...I've even tuned out QVC, so you know I'm on the wagon Cat LOL

@Witchy Woman   LOL, usually all I watch is Columbo when I can find it on.

Respected Contributor

Enjoyed him so much on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show."  Favorite episode is when he became the producer of Sue Ann's show.  Didn't end well - for Sue Ann!!!