Respected Contributor

Re: Garth and Tricia Holiday Special

I think they are both very talented. They seem kind and thoughtful, and treat others with respect.

Whether a fan or not I think it's refreshing to have new holiday programming.

And why anyone would give two hoots and a holler about anyone's personal life but their own is beyond me.

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

CBS has been pulled from our DISH lineup.  Phooey.  I was going to have The Dance played at my funeral until I decided I didn't want a funeral.  Smiley Happy

CBS has been pulled from DirectTV too.    I don't like not being able to watch CBS when I want to.

Frequent Contributor

I don't know what you think you know, but there was an intern with her a week or so ago and she said how great he is.  They so get slong, his daughter love Trisha.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the heads up on this special.  Even though I'm not big into country music, I love his hits and and I enjoy watching her cook.  I expect they'll put on a great show.

Respected Contributor

@KatieB, I think it's good to have at least one television hooked up to an antenna. 

Honored Contributor

More judgement by posters and most of them do not know the facts.  Do any of us know the facts of anyone else's life?  Were any of you in on their life and conversations?

Dont believe everything you read. see on TV and gossip.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Such a huge percentage of marriages end in divorce.  If a person holds that against someone, they won be speaking to more than a third of the adult population.   In my opinion, it is more harmful and hurtful to stay in a bad marriage than to leave it.  And no one knows the whole story except those directly involved.

I'm not a country music fan, so don't regularly listen to their music.  But I have watched Tricia's cooking shows, and she is sweet and very personable.  If I remember, I will check out their Christmas special.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Garth Brooks sang the Dance.

Tony Arata wrote the song.

Honored Contributor

@walker I've had my say about these two cheaters on previous threads.  

I'll take a huge PASS.

Valued Contributor

If I were to boycott every entertainer whose moral compass didn't meet my bar..... oh, wait, I'm human and may have done things that someone else could have frowned upon at some point. 

Thank you for sharing @walker ! Garth (especially) has an incredible gift to entertain. Considering they have had one of the highest selling tours of all time, they managed to keep a few fans.

Its nice to be reminded of upcoming programs that otherwise may have slipped my mind!