Honored Contributor

Re: Garth and Tricia Holiday Special

@LoveMeSomeQVC wrote:

Thanks for the heads up, @walker .  I'm always appreciative when someone let's me know of tv specials, movies, sales, etc.   Even if it's not something I am interested in, I'm appreciative and don't feel the need to bash the subject matter - I either don't open the post or just move on after reading.

Hope you have a great day and thanks again! 

@LoveMeSomeQVC - YES!

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I met him while working at our children's hosptial. 

He had donated most of the over $1,000,000 it took to have a large recreation and learning center built within the hospital.  He came specifically to our department just to meet a little boy who was a seizure patient waiting for a test. It was a surprise and the boy and his parents were STUNNED!   He brought a (small) signed guitar and spoke to them for about 10 mintues.

Once he turned and started to walk away, I said thank you for stopping by and visiting (I named the little boy).  He stopped and shook my hand and said, "you're welcome.  My name is Garth, what's your name."  I told him and he said it was nice to meet me.

Mind you, there were quite a large number of folks standing around not saying a word just staring.  Someone had to say something!  I was so glad I did.  

I never was a Garth Brooks fan until then. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Garth and Trisha. I’ll DVR.

Esteemed Contributor

Very nice! Thanks for the info @walker 

Esteemed Contributor

Garth didn't cheat on or leave Sandy. They grew  apart & decided to separate. His touring schedule had put a lot of distance between them.They remain good friends. When Garth & Sandy divorced he bought the property adjacent to hers so that they could co parent .The girls had the freedom to pass back & forth between both households.

I love Garth's music.Most of all I admire his humility.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Snowpuppy wrote:

I was never into him before he "retired to spend more time with his (1st) wife". 

All those songs gushing how much he loved her and all those fans stuffing his pockets.

At least he could pay off the first wife like @SharkE said! Maybe she can find some man who isn't a phony.

Maybe some of you who are so outraged at what you think happened, could check out the facts.

It never ceases to amaze me how people will blow things out of proportion, invent facts to fit the narrative and forget that they are all (Sandy included) just normal human beings trying to do the best they can.  Not all marriages work out, as most of us know.  (If yours is perfect, congratulations.)

Garth has never spoken a bad word about Sandy (quite the opposite), nor she him.  As for paying her off, the divorce was handled with class on both sides, she had a substantial settlement and now has her own rescue ranch, which is exactly what she wanted.

She's happy.  So others should focus on their own lives and choices.

@walker - Thank you for posting this.  I'll be watching.  It's just a shame that some have to weigh in on things that have nothing to do with a TV show.  Predictable though.  Smiley Frustrated

@Venezia 

Very well said!

Obviously, those people didn't see Sandy's interview in the A&E documentary, 'Garth Brooks: The Road I'm On'.

She said that she wasn't the 'poor, jilted, cheated-on wife', like many people believed.

He was gone so much when his career took off, they just grew apart and she tried to let him know she thought they should both move on.

Many excerpts from her interview are available online, if anyone cares to know Sandy's side of the story, but it's so much more fun to pass judgement on a relationship you know nothing about, except what you see in supermarket tabloids.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I'm a fan of both of them.  

Respected Contributor

For those that have been snarky on what should be a positive thread - it sounds like you were triggered. Perhaps that's a clue and you need to ask yourself why and deal with your own stuff. But at the very least practice the adage that "if you don't have anything nice to say..."

Hope those interested enjoy the show.

Respected Contributor

Thanks @walker ! 

Another fan here, will be watching.

Honored Contributor

@walker 

I will also be watchingSmiley Happy

thank youHeart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."