Honored Contributor

I tried to get through this hours long documentary.....but all his crying  throughout it just  ruined it after the first hour.

He is a good singer....but his life is just NOT THE INTERESTING.  An hour  of his crying would have been   enough....two hours no way.

Honored Contributor

Re: Garth Brooks documentary

@SeaMaiden.  Can't stand him; seems like all he does is whine and snivel about how mistreated he is.  Don't care for the "entertainment" he dishes either.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

That's so funny, my husband and I are both CW music fans, but hubby always said," GB reminded him of a cry baby".LOL

Honored Contributor

Strange, I've never once heard Garth Brooks complain (or "whine") about how mistreated he is.  I've seen him get emotional about how lucky he's been and how much he loves the people in his life, but I don't take that as a sign of weakness in a man.  Quite the opposite.

I've recorded the documentary, but haven't had time to watch it yet.  I'll do that in the next few days to see what's causing the negative comments.

I understand that no one (artist or regular everyday Joe) is liked by everyone else; it would be an odd world, if we all felt the same.  But I see nothing but a great country artist and a good man in Garth Brooks.

Respected Contributor

I don't know much about his personal life but I do like his music.  I saw a headline on my phone the other day that mentioned shocking confessions from his ex-wife.  I didn't click on it so I don't know what skeletons she brought out of her closet.  Maybe that's why Garth was crying. 

Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I don't know much about his personal life but I do like his music.  I saw a headline on my phone the other day that mentioned shocking confessions from his ex-wife.  I didn't click on it so I don't know what skeletons she brought out of her closet.  Maybe that's why Garth was crying. 

I saw a snippet of that online.  He has nothing but good things to say about his ex-wife and he seemed apologetic that he's only now hearing her views on some things.  I guess she kept them to herself.  Whatever happened, they've maintained a good relationship and conducted their divorce with class.  I wish I could say the same about some people I know!

Esteemed Contributor

I tried to watch it and just quit after 10 minutes or so. Just not what I was expecting. It was just boring. I wanted to see and hear songs from his concerts.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow, I couldn't get through it, either. So overwrought and hammy.

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia Smiley Happy

Exactly what I was thinking. I recorded it too and am looking forward to watching. Love Garth.

Honored Contributor

A local person was killed after one of Garths concerts, and he did some very nice things for the family.