Super Contributor

Re: Garth Brooks documentary

@qvcaddition wrote:

i  liked him until he divorced his wife to marry Trish Yearwood.   He used to have interviews when married to 1st wife how happy they were, then next thing, getting a divorce.

I think he is a giving guy, but just like a lot of men when they get famous and another women enters the picture.  TY use to sing a lot with him.

I did not see the Garth documentary but I did see Trisha host a show last night.

Is it at all possible that she is pregnant? She is very huge and the clothes she wore were

not flattering !

Honored Contributor

@Keybra wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

i  liked him until he divorced his wife to marry Trish Yearwood.   He used to have interviews when married to 1st wife how happy they were, then next thing, getting a divorce.

I think he is a giving guy, but just like a lot of men when they get famous and another women enters the picture.  TY use to sing a lot with him.

I did not see the Garth documentary but I did see Trisha host a show last night.

Is it at all possible that she is pregnant? She is very huge and the clothes she wore were

not flattering !

@Keybra  I kind of doubt it. She is 55 years old.

Super Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Keybra wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

not flattering !

Thanks @proudlyfromNJ ..... I had no idea how old she was . All the faces , on tv, look about the same.....About a couple of years ago she was at a normal weight but lately her "down home" cooking must have caught up with her.

Super Contributor

@Keybra  I was changing channels and saw Trisha standing next to Kristin Chenoweth.  Now that was a sight!  KC is 4'11" and weighs 88lbs.  TY is around 5'8" and more of a curvy woman.  It was just such a contrast that I was speechless for a moment.  It took me a minute to comprehend who and what I was seeing!  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Not a country music fan, but Garth has given the genre a facelift, IMO. His children love him, his ex-wife has good to say about him, his wife adores him, siblings care about him, parents honored him and he's kept friends from his college years. Business associates say good things about him. His fans turn out by the thousands. Has given a lot to charity. He has some songs, like IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES, THE DANCE, UNANSWERED PRAYERS, WE SHALL BE FREE, that tell me if you scratch his star status, he's a quality person. 

His undergrad degree is advertising. Perfect for his profession and personality. He went back to university during his time off and earned a master's in business. You have to appreciate his drive in life and the positive influence he's had on many.

I'm not a cryer in public so I understand this comes across as sappy. It's just emotions on more of a surface level and it's okay. We all know cryers. Celebrate our differences.

Hubs and I met GB at Baseball Spring Training in Surprise, AZ. He was working out with the Royals' team, raising money for charity from MLB. He signed autographs and chatted with people after each practice -- up to 2 hours when we were there. He announced -- I want to talk to people in this order because it's a hot day today: Children and parents. Over 65. The rest of 'ya'll.' We were the third category. We just said hello and took a cell photo then asked him to call and prank my 16 year old daughter. He got giggly and was all about that. She answered and he said -- XXXX, this is Garth Brooks in AZ. I'm talking to your parents and I want you to stop what you're doing and do your homework and clean your room. Hubs verified to daughter it really was GB and she screamed on the phone. He said -- What are you screaming about? Don't have time for that -- go clean your room. Then he ended with what nice parents she had and said God bless you, girl. Hey, what's not to like? I admit I'm biased when it comes to GB.

Not a country fan, but scratch the surface and he's one of the good guys.               

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

@santorini wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

He is a terrible singer. Can't carry a tune if it had a handle on it. 

Really?  I don't think I've ever heard him hit a bad note.  Interesting how we all view things differently.  I love his voice.

He very easily can get off key.  I watched a live concert once where he sang several songs out of tune, but finally "found his voice" after a few tries.  I think he's worked hard to not have that happen anymore, but yes, he had problems in his early career.

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Keybra wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

not flattering !

I know she had a weight problem when she first started her cooking show.  Then she slimmed down.  Haven't seen her lately, so I'm not sure how she looks.  They do repeats of her cooking show, so both old and newer episodes are shown.

Honored Contributor

I like his music and have been to a number of his concerts.  But I cannot stand to watch any type of talk show he's on or anything of that nature with him because he cries about everything.  DH and I were watching some of the documentary and I had to bow out and DH kept asking why Garth was always whispering.  LOL  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Esteemed Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

Not a country music fan, but Garth has given the genre a facelift, IMO. His children love him, his ex-wife has good to say about him, his wife adores him, siblings care about him, parents honored him and he's kept friends from his college years. Business associates say good things about him. His fans turn out by the thousands. Has given a lot to charity. He has some songs, like IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES, THE DANCE, UNANSWERED PRAYERS, WE SHALL BE FREE, that tell me if you scratch his star status, he's a quality person. 

His undergrad degree is advertising. Perfect for his profession and personality. He went back to university during his time off and earned a master's in business. You have to appreciate his drive in life and the positive influence he's had on many.

I'm not a cryer in public so I understand this comes across as sappy. It's just emotions on more of a surface level and it's okay. We all know cryers. Celebrate our differences.

Hubs and I met GB at Baseball Spring Training in Surprise, AZ. He was working out with the Royals' team, raising money for charity from MLB. He signed autographs and chatted with people after each practice -- up to 2 hours when we were there. He announced -- I want to talk to people in this order because it's a hot day today: Children and parents. Over 65. The rest of 'ya'll.' We were the third category. We just said hello and took a cell photo then asked him to call and prank my 16 year old daughter. He got giggly and was all about that. She answered and he said -- XXXX, this is Garth Brooks in AZ. I'm talking to your parents and I want you to stop what you're doing and do your homework and clean your room. Hubs verified to daughter it really was GB and she screamed on the phone. He said -- What are you screaming about? Don't have time for that -- go clean your room. Then he ended with what nice parents she had and said God bless you, girl. Hey, what's not to like? I admit I'm biased when it comes to GB.

Not a country fan, but scratch the surface and he's one of the good guys.               

Thats a great story