Honored Contributor

Re: Garry Marshall Tribute Special

I couldn't even wait until I got up this morning to watch, so I watched earlier on my bedroom Tivo.   It was awesome!   It could have gone on for twice as long and I would have continued to enjoy it.

Richard Gere still has a beautiful head of hair.   I'm mesmerized by his beautiful white hair.

I, too, was wondering why there was nothing about 'A League of Their Own'.  That was pretty big.  I wonder if there was something that precluded them from being able to discuss it (?).   I expected to see some Tom Hanks.   

That's neither here nor there, as I truly enjoyed every minute of it.  Loved how he was such a great family man.   I shed a tear, and I hate crying.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Maybe not included because his SISTER, Penny, directed A League of Their Own!

Honored Contributor

My husband watched it and I saw about 20 minutes.  I kept thinking that today the poor guy would be in the slammer for hugging, squeezing and kissing women.

Whatever your views are, I am just saying what I saw, and what I read--this wouldn't fly.  So just something to mull over.  How would that be interpreted and/or reported by some today?  

Like I say, it's just a random thought I had and I am not trying to start a war. . . just wondering! 

Honored Contributor

@KLevineFan wrote:

Maybe not included because his SISTER, Penny, directed A League of Their Own!

-----

My mistake. They'll have to include it in her tribute @KLevineFan .

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Completely enjoyable, excellent show.  What a talent and evidently all-around great guy.

Valued Contributor

What a  GREAT SHOW. What a great man. brought back so many memories.

made today stars what they are today.

A showyou must watch.

Honored Contributor

I loved the story of how Robin Williams was discovered.

Interesting how his son looked just like him and his daughter looked just like her mother.

I hadn't known he directed Beaches.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
I loved the story of how Robin Williams was discovered.

Interesting how his son looked just like him and his daughter looked just like her mother.

I hadn't known he directed Beaches.

@Pearlee I didn't realize he directed Beaches either, that was such a surprise!Of course I teared up at the beach scene as always!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

@sunshine45 I'm assuming that he narrated his autobiography for an audio book and that's why his own voice told much of the story. Noticeably absent was mention of the very popular movie "A League of Their Own". Does anyone remember how QVC promoted that movie with lots of merchandising? I think it was because he generally had a happy set, but with Rosie and his sister Penny, it wasn't a pleasant experience.

@AuntG 

A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN is not really HIS movie. it was a penny marshall movie and he had a relatively small part in it.

(oops, sorry......someone else already mentioned that!)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I forgot he played Walter Harvey in A League of Their Own.

Love that movie.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN