Respected Contributor

Re: Garry Marshall Tribute Special

[ Edited ]

I am thoroughly enjoying the classic footage, interviews with the actors and his family and seeing those those stars who have passed on, including him!  One in a milliion he was!Heart

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

I'm a very stoic person and rarely cry except for when it has something to do with animals (which is why I'll never watch Ol Yeller).  But, when they started showing the dying scene from Beaches it hit me hard just like the first time I watched it. 

Honored Contributor

this tribute to him has been excellent!

how did they manage to get together all of the footage of him during the different periods of time of his life? it was amazing to hear him and see him speak about his own career about his family and about his collegues....he has been gone now for 4 years.

what a career!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Just finished watching it and Wow what a loving tribute

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 I'm assuming that he narrated his autobiography for an audio book and that's why his own voice told much of the story. Noticeably absent was mention of the very popular movie "A League of Their Own". Does anyone remember how QVC promoted that movie with lots of merchandising? I think it was because he generally had a happy set, but with Rosie and his sister Penny, it wasn't a pleasant experience.

Honored Contributor

I am so glad I watched. It was really good! I was crying at the end, I knew I would be, I cry at commercials..lol!

Loved his movies! and his tv shows!  

Honored Contributor

Excellent!!!

Another clip I would have liked to have included was in 2006 Garrys son, Scott, directed a little film called Keeping Up With the Steins. and Garry had a bit part as an aging hippy type grandfather with Doris Roberts as his ex wife. He did a great job, even did a nude scene from the back!!  

Esteemed Contributor

This was such a lovely, nostalgic tribute to Gary and all the wonderful things he created to bring laughter and romance into our entertainment. 

Honored Contributor

Garry must have been beloved by all that worked with him and for him. To hear everyone speak so lovingly of him, and the celebrities dropped everything when Garry lay dying to say goodbye to him.

Honored Contributor

It was very good. He was such a lovely person, friend, boss, husband, and father. We thoroughly enjoyed it.