Honored Contributor

Re: Gardenman, I hope I can find your BB thread when it begins!!

@123SuzyQ123 wrote:

So far it is shaping up to get interesting.  I wonder if the transgender person will tell all, or keep it a secret. 

I hate that we will have to navigate these new changes because I like to hop on the Q board and begin reading Gardenman's updates each morning without having to shuffle through this new and updated board.  Ugh.  Can you tell I don't like change? 

Suzie, hope this helps.  I discovered it by accident BUT you must be signed in for it to work, sigh.  When you are signed in there is this thing Topic Options at the top and you can select [something like] "float this topic to the top" and whenever you are signed in it will be at the top, making it so much easier to find.  You can unfloat it too (I'll be doing that with the weekly DAYS threads) whenever you want and float as many as you want.  But you must be signed in.  HTH.

Honored Contributor

Speaking of 'signing in' it seems like I'm doing that a lot any more. I'll walk away from the computer for a few minutes, come back, go to post something and I have to sign in all over again. That's getting more than a little annoying. It would be nice if they added a "Keep me signed in" option someplace. (There may be one and I've just missed it.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

While I'm here, is there a preferred font or font size for my BB post readers? I see we now have options on that. This is Arial Black in font size 4. Too big? Too small? I'm finding it hard to read font size 1, so I'm starting to experiment a bit. If you have any preference let me know.

Hey! What do you know? We can even do colored text! Fancy!!!

Also, while I have you here, should every post be hidden under the spoiler label/tag thingie even though I label the posts as spoilers in the titles? That would protect those who click on the "next thread" tab from inadvertently reading a spoiler, but involve an extra click for readers. Thanks for any feedback. (Hmmm, I've just noticed that the default text color isn't black. I switched to black after playing with the colors and it's different than the default. I think the black is easier to read. I may be able to downsize the font if I go to black for the text color.) 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

G'man, a larger font size works best for me.  And the color of black is easier to read.  Just do one favor for me please.  Start your BB thread anew if you will.  Reading my frantic headline from the first day of these new forums won't be fun!   And I think you always used to put spoilers in your headline each day, so that should work.

Thanks so much as always - looking forward to your insight.  And thanks to everyone who has given hints and tips on navigating this new weirdness!

Respected Contributor

I think if you put "spoiler" in the title, that's enough to let people know there may be things in the thread they don't want to read, so if they don't, then don't read the post. Using the spoiler feature to me isn't needed if the title cleary states "spoiler".

This post is in font size 3 - it looks like a pretty good size to me. Not sure if it might be too small for others?

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

3 is perfect for me.  i could go smaller but no bigger.

and i like the softer black.  

and think Spoiler is sufficient the way it's always been.  JMO.

Honored Contributor

So, font size 3 it is. Now this is the default text color while this is the full black text color. I'm not sure the default isn't the best.  The full black almost seems to bleed a bit and doesn't seem as crisp. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Yes, G'man, the default black text seems to be the best.  JMOHeart

Trusted Contributor

i posted the other day no bb feeds for me, so upset i contacted cbs 3 different times lol  just to make sure they were giving me the right info, if you have a chrome notebook you wont get access to the live feeds.. i have my old computer, but it doesnt work right, and i no longer have my norton virus protector on it.. i was thinking of trying to use it just for the feeds, but dont wanna use it and have it not work 2 weeks later. if i use it with no virus protection for 3 months is it safe?? i doubt it,  what are your thoughts? im a little iffy on using it with no virus protection even if it is just for my live feeds... what to do... what to do   lol  i guess i am a little addicted to my live feeds Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

They aren't making feed watching very easy this year. I'm still trying to get it all sorted out. (Like where the heck do I sign in when I'm on my smartphone????) As to using a computer I would simply opt for one of the free anti-virus software packages and use that. You also are supposed to be able to watch the feeds on a TV using a Roku box or stick and possibly a Chromecast. The first few days of the feeds are often a bit of an adventure.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!