Contributor

Re: Gardenman, I hope I can find your BB thread when it begins!!

Jace was interesting too....much better live than his profile/photo.

Contributor

Vanessa, the poker player was interesting.   She's afraid someone is going to recognize her....yeah maybe Da'Vonne, the poker dealer who doesnt want anyone to know she's a poker dealer.Smiley Wink

Contributor

[ Edited ]

And the live feed is over ( It took 3 hours to intro 14 people.)....ending with John (Johnny Mac) the dentist...who was interesting and kind of hyper.  Overall decent cast; a lot of fans.  Clay was an obvious recruit as he confessed he had never heard of Big Brother before someone approached him.  I do wish they would have thrown someone a little older in, but that's not the direction that casting is obviously going.  

Super Contributor

Well I for one am liking most of the cast this year. Very impressed with the women. I feel they will do better then last year's cast which was a disaster. It'll take me awhile to put the names with the faces but look forward to a good season. No early favorites yet!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

The heart stuff is to show you approve of/agree with a post and favor the poster. Amazon's forums have a yes/no button for "Does this post add to the discussion" which largely shares the same purpose. Some people love to collect lots of yes votes on their posts and some here will love to collect lots of hearts. It makes the posting almost into a competitive sport for some. (I generally pay no attention to the yes/no votes on Amazon and I suspect I'll pay no attention to the hearts.)

Hahahahahaha, I think it's funny(ironic) that someone hearted this post!

Gardenman, think there's a twist we don't know about, that some of them know one another?  Poker dealer and poker player in the same cast seems awfully coincidental.  

Trusted Contributor

One of the cast is supposed to be a transvestite.... I don't recall the name.

Honored Contributor

Actually, it's a transgender houseguest and it's Audrey who was born Adam. I'm not sure how far along in the process he/she is, but we'll find out. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I have to wonder if they'd have known had it not been announced.  This just shows how these shows exploit people.

I have seen a few episodes over the years, maybe 2 or 3.  However, I've heard it gets very pensive.  The people are so mean and rude to each other, very racist, etc (I've heard).

I wonder how much politically correct will come into this and if it will affect the show considering the changes that have taken place in the past  year.

I won't know.  I'll only know what others will say about it.

Honored Contributor

Most of the time the houseguests get along pretty well. CBS likes to do some stunt casting from time to time however and adding a transgender houseguest this year is just trying to latch onto the hoopla over Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner.

The year with the racists was the same year that Trayvon Martin and another racially charged issue (that escapes me at this time) were in the news. I think they assumed the houseguests would toss the evil racists out and show the world how racism must be treated. Instead they almost had to end up giving the prize money to a racist as all of the minorities (other than the gay guy) were voted out..

I'm not a big fan of the way CBS casts the show. I still think you can walk into any mall in America on a Saturday morning and recruit a more diverse, more interesting, more entertaining cast. Most of their casting stunts end up backfiring badly. They thought putting a PETA activist (Keesha) and a rodeo cowboy (Steven) together would spark tension. They became best friends. The only thing worse than the stunt casting is the steps production will take to keep their toys in the game. Suffice to say we're apt to see a lot of early comps designed to favor whatever skills Audrey/Adam has.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

So far it is shaping up to get interesting.  I wonder if the transgender person will tell all, or keep it a secret. 

I hate that we will have to navigate these new changes because I like to hop on the Q board and begin reading Gardenman's updates each morning without having to shuffle through this new and updated board.  Ugh.  Can you tell I don't like change?