Honored Contributor

Re: Gardenman, I hope I can find your BB thread when it begins!!

I think it's along the lines of Sally Field's famous award acceptance speech where she famously said, "You like me!  You really like me!"

I don't see what difference it makes if someone likes me by giving me a heart.  I like discussions, good and not so good.  I don't care if people don't agree with them.

In fact it is the times when people disagree with me when I learn something new.  I like to think I have an open mind.  I'll never learn anything in life if I try to to get lots of hearts.  Ugh!

Honored Contributor

There are people on the Amazon forums (which by the way are also having some chaos now as they've recently removed tags making many of the old forum bookmarks useless) who live or die by how many yes or no votes they get on each post.

There was a poster on the ABNA forum there who would get very upset whenever she received a no vote.  I often get no votes and it doesn't bother me at all. I once got no voted on the first post in the discussion which I found hilarious, as that post was the whole discussion when it was voted no, that it didn't further the discussion. It was the discussion. How can it not forward the discussion? Your best bet tis to just ignore all of that kind of stuff.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Help,not friendly at all,sad.tucka.

Tucka, I know what you mean, I am sad too.  I don't like change.  But maybe we can find Gardenman when he begins the BB thread!

Honored Contributor

And the photos and bios of the houseguests are up all over the net. They went young again this year, but might have swung and missed on the pretty part. It's not the prettiest cast we've ever had.

My plans to watch Jeff interviewing them on the live feeds has imploded nicely as none of my devices are working with the feeds right now. (Note to CBS: FIX THE FEEDS!!!!!) Ah well, in a couple of weeks we'll know everything there is to know about this group. We've only got fourteen houseguests listed so far and the math doesn't work for 14 houseguests so it looks like it may be the rumored Male vs. Female season with each side getting a veteran coach/eventual player added on.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Tell us more, Gman!!   I am excited!   (Shows how slow my life is right now in that I am overly excited about a reality show)!   But it takes me away for a few hours a week!

You will begin a brand new thread at the appropriate time, right? 

I wonder why the feeds went down at the wrong time??  Grrrrr

Honored Contributor

Okay, here are the houseguests.

We have Audrey a 25 year old woman from Georgia who's a digital media consultant. (A bit heavy on the mascara in her photos.) She's been a pizza delivery person and an MMA ring girl. She's also a former competitive swimmer.

Next up is Austin, a 30 year old bearded/tattooed wild man who's a professional wrestler. (His wrestling name is Judas.) Supposedly a yoga loving, peace loving guy at heart.

Next up is Becky (my early favorite, but it's very, very early.) She's a 26 year old retail store manager. She has the All American Girl look about her from what little I've seen. Reportedly she likes to climb mountains.

Now comes Clay, a 23 year old student from Texas. (He's likely the eye candy for the women viewers.) He's a former college football player who says he's smarter than people think he is. (Generally speaking people who say that are lying and don't appreciate how dumb they really are.)

Next up is Da'Vonne. Our token black/African American female this year. She's a 27 year old single mom/poker dealer from LA. She's watched Big Brother with her grandmother.

Next up is Jace a 23 year old personal trainer from California. (The male version of the blond bimbo from what little I've seen to date.)

James is one of those rare Asians (from Texas) who somehow found his way onto the cast. He's former military and now working in retail. He could be a competitor.

And along comes Jason. He's this year's nerdy guy. He's a supermarket cashier who plans to put together an all female alliance. I like his strategy (it's largely my own, target the big threats early and get them out while allying with the weaker players) but I'm not sure anyone will want to be in an alliance with him unless he wins an early HOH.

Next up is John a 27 year old dentist from Pennsylvania. He sounds like a bit of a arrogant jerk and could be a very early evictee.

Liz is a 23 year old marketing coordinator from Florida. She's blonde and a bit of a party girl/self-described brainiac. We'll see.

Meg is a 25 year old Jersey girl. (Go Jersey!) She's described as likeable, goofy and intelligent. If she's really a Jersey girl there should be a core of steel in there too. We'll have to see as the show unwinds. She's my second favorite.

Shelli is a 33 year old interior designer who's been married and divorced already. (There are lots of blondes this year which will make early feed watching confusing.) I'm not optimistic about her chances in the game.

Steve is a 22 year old college student from New York. Yet another genius (this is either the smartest cast ever, or the most over-rated) and is a 22 year old virgin who doens't drink or smoke.

And finally, (for now anyway, we're still short a couple of houseguests) we have Vanessa, a 32 year old (apparently wealthy) professional poker player from Las Vegas. Don't be shocked to see her the first one out unless she hides her wealth. (Good luck with that! The other girls will sniff out any expensive cosmetics/fashions pretty quickly and unless she's really careful she'll be an early target.)

It's not a horrible cast based on what little I've seen. We'll learn more as the season goes on however.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Contributor

I've been watching/listening to the feed for the last two hours...talk about dragging it out.  Works fine on my laptop.  So fat Austin/Judas is the most interesting, IMHO.

Trusted Contributor

WOW!!  Very interesting!  Thanks, Gman.

Trusted Contributor

So, is there no one older than the 33 year old?

Contributor

Yes the oldest HG is 33.