Respected Contributor

Are there GOT followers here?  The end of last night's episode was a real tear jerker.

Honored Contributor

Fan here.  The ending wasn't a tear jerker for me.  Just knowing what his name really meant & why he wasn't a talker was satisfying for me.

Now the tear jerker for me was what happened to the white wolf in the cave. 😂

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Re: Game of Thrones

[ Edited ]

I guess we are in the minority but we thought last night was a snooze fest.  Too many scenes that were repititious and went on FAR too long.  And no tear jerkers for us.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal

Too many stories, sub stories, sub plots.  Sometimes it's hard to keep up.  Right now, I mostly pay attention to the dragon & the no name plots.

Have you notice that GOT is mostly filmed at night?  Getting tired of that too. Smiley Mad

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal  I'm right there with you gal!  I thought it was boring too!  I almost fell asleep!  There just wasn't much story line.  It's not like I expect every episode to have people killing each other, just get some movement going here!

I find anything to do with those frozen people (don't understand any of that stuff) boring!  

As a matter of fact there's a lot about this show I don't understand, but that's not new for me!

I like the way the women aren't marshmellows or stupid and this show represents them good.

Respected Contributor

The idea that humans may have a destiny into which they are born , where efforts to change it are met with obstacles leading you back to the destiny, was a tear jerker to me. Some people do seem to be cast into a lesser subservient role which they can't change. Yes, I was crying thinking about that possibility. That life is not fair and some people sacrifice their lives to serve others.

Honored Contributor

@skuggles If you believe in reincarnation you believe that we each chose our path over and over until we eventually cleanse our soul and go to Heaven. 

Just saying that's how some explain hardship for some and not for others.

Respected Contributor

Re: Game of Thrones

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 I am very familiar with reincarnation having delved into that area pretty deeply at one time. Can't say that I believe it, but can't say there's nothing to it either. This episode had more of a feel that the gods determined fate feeling to it. A destiny can be soley determined by things more earthly like genes, family of origin, time in history etc.

Trusted Contributor

Major GOT fan. Definately a tearjerker. Can't wait for next week.

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Honored Contributor

@skuggles I feel similar.  I've studied it quite a bit and have met some amazing people who've had amazing things happen to them along those lines.

Not here but one day I'll tell some of my experiences on this subject.