Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So I watched last night's episode, just one question, did anyone else think many of the scenes we're too dark? It was hard to see what was going on at times, I couldn't tell who was dead!

From all the online comments I read on different websites a lot of people felt the lighting was too dark - myself included!  I understand the artistic reason but my eyes were really strained!

Honored Contributor

Entertainment Weekly has a good recap of the episode on their website.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So I watched last night's episode, just one question, did anyone else think many of the scenes we're too dark? It was hard to see what was going on at times, I couldn't tell who was dead!

@Jordan2I agree.  I couldn't really tell who was who or what was going in a lot of the scenes!

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2I read some comments online where people adjusted the brightness on their TV's and said it helped.  I don't know whether it would be worth trying that or not.  (I don't think I could watch that intense episode again so soon anyway!)

Valued Contributor

Just WOW ! I so wish it wasn’t ending! So impressed with the acting and how most of the cast had very little acting! The writers to, this was their bid one too. HBO did great!

Trusted Contributor

I watched last night's episode with all the lights off and I didn't think it was too dark.  I think it would've been harder to see with any lights on.   It was dark for sure, but it was in the middle of the night in the north in winter :-)  I'm sure they do it partly because it's easier to film with so much going on and such a huge number of people.  At least we got to see everyone that died, even though I admit I did check online after to make sure I didn't miss anyone. 

I love this show so much, can't wait to see what's next and also dread that it's almost over.  I love so many of the characters, major and minor ones. They did such a great job casting.  They especially did a great job with all the evil ones like Cersei and Joffrey and Littlefinger.  I don't really care who takes the throne as long as Cersei gets what she deserves at the end!

Honored Contributor

Re: Game of Thrones

[ Edited ]

Don't forget everyone, there is still one more battle/war to go!  Remember, Cersei has that special weapon(s?) that can kill dragons.

Hopefully, this will be a daylight war/battle w/bright & sunny skies.173836.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

I thought it was a fabulous episode but man,was it dark! I wanted to pull up a chair in front of my tv  within a foot or so.I watched it again on demand and it appeared lighter. 

I had read an article last week that each year got progressively darker because ya know..winter is coming.I don't think that's a spoiler for anyone reading this.

Honored Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

@Jordan2I read some comments online where people adjusted the brightness on their TV's and said it helped.  I don't know whether it would be worth trying that or not.  (I don't think I could watch that intense episode again so soon anyway!)

@Roni18 , there's no way I would watch that all over again! I'm just glad it wasn't only me who had a problem with the darkness of the scenes.

Honored Contributor

Since we can't actually discuss the episode, I'll put this out there:

Does anyone else think that Bran is actually evil? There are MANY discussions about this and it crossed my mind through a lot over the past few episodes. And don't get me started on Hodor........

As for the darkness, I thought the response from the technical team was kinda crappy. You can google the interview but overall, the head guy said that GOT is not a TV show and so, you are supposed to watch it as you would any premiere movie. You should have a bunch of special equipment to watch it (he names on the gizmos) and if you don't, well, too bad you're an idiot. Also, you're supposed to watch GOT in the dark, always. You are also supposed to be change the brightness on your TV and if it isn't enough, buy a new TV.

What an a$$. HUGE turn-off for me. I guess many an ego is now huge due to the success of the show.