Respected Contributor

Game of Thrones tired of waiting

I think we'll have a lot of flashbacks when it finally starts and no real meaty new parts until the new season is practically over.  

Smiley Mad

Respected Contributor

Re: Game of Thrones tired of waiting

Can't believe how late into the seaosn they are waiting to start this year....and then it's going to be shorter than previosu seasons....major disappointment!!   This show has been a major hit for HBO.....the way they are handling the final seasons is unfair to all the fans!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd rather wait as long as it takes to make sure the writing is excellent, the guest stars are tapped for key roles, and everything else it takes to bring the show together is all on point. I'd say that's the way to really consider the loyal viewers.

Of course I hope all this waiting period pays off.

Conversely, I despise the way some network TV shows are obviously rushed to push out terrible story lines and no character development, just because of the arbitrary schedule timeline. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know what it will have, I'm disappointed the season will be so short and the next season will be even shorter.  The tv show has gone past the books now, so it's run out of material.  It had to end sometime.  What really makes sad is that it's pretty much a sure thing that there won't be any new books in the series.  We were promised that a new book was "coming soon" for years but that wasn't the case.  The books are 1000 times better than the tv show...as great as the show is.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I'd rather wait as long as it takes to make sure the writing is excellent, the guest stars are tapped for key roles, and everything else it takes to bring the show together is all on point. I'd say that's the way to really consider the loyal viewers.

Of course I hope all this waiting period pays off.

Conversely, I despise the way some network TV shows are obviously rushed to push out terrible story lines and no character development, just because of the arbitrary schedule timeline. 

Me too.  

Super Contributor

I think we are getting two abbreviated seasons...maybe 6 episodes per season. Sad that its ending when GRRM hasn't finished the book series yet !!!!!

Honored Contributor

I'm also tired of waiting....this has taken so long.  It's crazy!  I don't even remember way back how it ended.

I don't know about you guys but I feel like more and more the fans and viewers are being taken for granted about the way they expect us to wait for so long and then pick it back as if they are doing us a favor.

Esteemed Contributor

"Winter is coming"

Well, according to USA Today and Time magazine, winter has now arrived in Westeros and they had to delay the usual shooting schedule till leaves fell off the trees and the natural snows blew in.
Also, as the series winds down there is more attention to every detail of storytelling. There will be only 7 episodes, but they're taking the same amount of time to prepare them as seasons that have 10 episodes
Respected Contributor

July is a way's off.  Also there won't be as many episodes.   Next year will be the conclusion.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:
"Winter is coming"

Well, according to USA Today and Time magazine, winter has now arrived in Westeros and they had to delay the usual shooting schedule till leaves fell off the trees and the natural snows blew in.
Also, as the series winds down there is more attention to every detail of storytelling. There will be only 7 episodes, but they're taking the same amount of time to prepare them as seasons that have 10 episodes

@x HedgeYes, i read that too - that they were waiting for winter.  I am late to the game.  I just added HBO after Christmas and watched all of the seasons.  I feel like I'm going through withdrawals without it!  I did start reading the books but I haven't gotten very far yet.