Honored Contributor

Re: Game of Thrones Finale. Yay or nay?

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

My favorite scene from the finale......

ezgif-2-4dec07e34370.gif

I also loved that scene.

@LoriLori 

Your link leads to a dead end for me I'm afraid.

Edited to add: Now the link works for me.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I did love seeing Brienne of Tarth end up as Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.  I loved that she wrote Jamie's accomplishments in the White Book.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori  thank you for that link - that was interesting.  (I didn't even know he had a blog - and I've read all the books).  Look forward to the final 2 books to see how he ends it.

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@LoriLori 

@gardenman   When I read an article with intriguing quotes from it, it made me want to read it.  It took a little while because it keeps crashing from everyone trying to read it.  There's info about being a successful writer and having your work adapted that I thought would be of special interest to you.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@LoriLori  thank you for that link - that was interesting.  (I didn't even know he had a blog - and I've read all the books).  Look forward to the final 2 books to see how he ends it.

@Mj12   @gardenman 

First I stumbled onto this older one from 2015 which is also a great read which touches on the same stuff, differently.

He talks about, among other things, being a writer of prose which has been made into tv, Sookie Stackhouse, the butterfly effect and fans anger and internet comments.  It's not a long post.  He's annoyed, he's direct.  He's right.

https://grrm.livejournal.com/427713.html

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@LoriLori 

@gardenman   When I read an article with intriguing quotes from it, it made me want to read it.  It took a little while because it keeps crashing from everyone trying to read it.  There's info about being a successful writer and having your work adapted that I thought would be of special interest to you.

@LoriLori 

Thanks. I've reached the point as a writer where I just write for me. If others like it, great. If not, well too bad. I've priced all my ebooks at $.99 so they haven't lost much.

I just finished a shorter story you might like about a young girl who falls asleep under a table in a small library and awakens to find herself locked in, and some of the characters from books having taken human form. She's a little rattled by this and suspects she's losing her mind so Don Quixote pulls Dr. Sigmund Freud from his biography to assure her she's sane, which really doesn't reassure her all that much.

One of my beta readers is giving it a look now and I'll likely do a few tweaks on it, but by the middle of summer it should be out. It was a fast story that largely wrote itself in six days time. It's kind of weird how easy some stories are to write and how hard others are. The working title is "The Living Library" but that's likely to change.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman   I appreciate it but my intent was not to inquire about your writing  I thought you might take someting away from his insights.  I'll look for posts about your writing in Book Forum.  I never meant to take this thread off topic, particularly since I don't watch the show and haven't read the books...

...I just wanted to let GoT fans know about these interesting blog posts from the author of the books.  

And the two water bottles and Dany's manicure in the finale, if someone hadn't seen them LOL.

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

My favorite scene from the finale......

ezgif-2-4dec07e34370.gif

Great scene!  I also loved the one where Jon is going to see Dany and Drogon rises up out of the snow/ash.  I couldn't find a photo of it though. 

Honored Contributor

I was kind of surprised the dragon didn't incinerate Jon. Could it be the dragon knew Daenerys loved Jon so let him live?

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I was kind of surprised the dragon didn't incinerate Jon. Could it be the dragon knew Daenerys loved Jon so let him live?

Jon's also a Targarian who could ride dragons, so maybe the dragon knew he was unburnable?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!