Honored Contributor

The writers of the episode should have have been executed along with half the cast.....

Respected Contributor

Im liking how they are tying up all the loose ends with the characters.  I think Arya changed because the Hound told her not to be like him and die getting revenge. Where she road off to I dont know, maybe to kill Dany.  Cersei. and Jamie kind of befuddled me, but I guess everything falling down around them was a true metaphor for the characters.  The scene between Tyrion and Jamie was wonderful.  I didnt like Varis dying, he was saying the truth, Jon would be better King and although Dany was a beloved Queen, I imagine the stress of the the years was too much in the end.  The one thing I dont understand is how her wimpy, miserable brother is Jons father.  He was such a despicable character that I just cant wrap my head around that one!! Im not sure who will sit on the throne, maybe Sansa.   Im sure theyll be a twist somewhere.

Occasional Contributor

Dany’s older brother, Rhaegar, was Jon’s father, not her brother Viserys who we saw in the first season.  Rhaegar died before Jon was born.

Trusted Contributor

Yes I think this is the last few episodes have been disappointing.  A few episodes ago I started to get the feeling that this wasn't going to be a satisfying ending.  This season does seem very rushed.  I just started watching the show 3 months ago. In some seasons it would take them entire season to go the 1000 miles between castles.  I think this last season is all written by the show writers, the orginal author didn't finish the last book.  Last night was one of those very depressing episodes.  I hope next week is a bit satisfying,  I really loved the other seasons,

Honored Contributor

Does anyone know if the last episode followed the Book? I read the first three only. 

Honored Contributor

I had a weird thought. Dany can't be burned, so what happens when she dies? Does she become the new night king/queen? An unburnable night king/queen? If they're looking to sequel the show down the road, having it end with the dead Dany opening her eyes and having them now blue would give them a pretty impressive future villain with a bigtime grudge. She knows the danger of dragonglass and where it's located. It probably won't happen, but could be an interesting end to the season.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Game of Thrones - 2019

[ Edited ]

@GenXmuse wrote:

Does anyone know if the last episode followed the Book? I read the first three only. 

Hi @GenXmuse  I don't believe so.  I've read all 5 books and to my recollection, last season's GoT show lined up with the most recent 5th book; this season has been "new material" for me, and George R.R. Martin still has 2 more GoT books to publish - The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

Hi @GenXmuse  I don't believe so.  I've read all 5 books and to my recollection, last season's GoT show lined up with the most recent 5th book; this season has been "new material" for me, and George R.R. Martin still has 2 more GoT books to publish - The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring.

Thank you so much! I didn’t realize there was still more to come to the story. I really wish this season were longer. 

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

This season is all new material - the latest book has not been published. I don't think we know if Martin's book will parallel this story line. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I read that Martin had expected to finish the book 4 years ago, but is still working on it.  Fans are starting to worry.  I am only on the first book so I have not read them all.  They said that Martin gave the guys running the show a final outline of what he planned to happen.  Whether they are following it faithfully I don't know.

I think there are two problems now.  The show writers no longer had Martin's books to serve as a guide and for what ever reason the head guys decided to rush everything in a few episodes.  I feel like most of the things people are complaining about would not be an issue if the storylines had been developed over 22 episodes instead of 6.  I don't think I will ever understand the show creators reasoning for the short season 7 and even shorter season 8 (after almost a two year wait.)  

Spoiler
I didn't like that Tyrion tells Varys Jon's secret in one episode and then rats him out in the next!  He knew enough how Varys operated to know what he would do when he told him in the first place.   Maybe this could have been explained better given more episodes.  

I also didn't like Jamie's story.  I really don't mind that he ended up with Cersi but we had no scenes of him missing her/regretting his decision.  In fact, he seems happy with Brianne.  So that was another plot I thought was underdeveloped.

I also felt like Cersi would have had a better plan in place.