Honored Contributor

Game Of Thrones Who Will End Up On The Iron Throne

I saw this article (if I knew how I would insert a link) on the New York Daily News website, what will happen tonight , who ends up on the iron throne? I'm thinking if it's not Jon, then maybe Sansa. After last week with Daenerys going back on her word, and killing all those innocent people, she can not be the ruler. Jon didn't want to be king before, but now after what happened maybe he does. These two might kill each over off, Arya doesn't seem interested. Sansa has come a long way since the innocent helpless girl she was in the first season, she has lived a hard life to get to who she is today.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Game Of Thrones Who Will End Up On The Iron Throne

Sansa and Tyrion will rule the 7 Kingdoms.  Or not.

Honored Contributor

I would like to see Samwell Tarley as king. He is the only one that would rule wisely, and not try to become a dictator, or use revenge as a weapon

Honored Contributor

Well, I think it will be Jon only because everyone keeps talking about how he's 'technically' whatever the head honcho's son is.

I've never been able to understand what that totally means but it seems to impress everyone.

Remember, that is why Daenerys fears will happen if it becomes knowledge that Jon is actually (by law....maybe??) the rightful person to be on the throne.

Look!  Every episode people were dying left and right!  Ha!  Daenerys kinda went off the deep end here.

Isn't it amazing that in this day and age they've been able to keep it so secret?  I think it's a great achievement. 

So, my guess is Jon but that pesky other side of my brain says...that seems too simple.

Honored Contributor

However it all ends, not everyone will be happy with the outcome.

Trusted Contributor

Jon Snow, born Aegon Targaryen, the son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen, the late Prince of Dragonstone wii rule the seven kingdoms.

Esteemed Contributor

I’ve literally only just caught up on all of the seasons so this is the first time I can even read a GOT thread!!

Agreed - It obviously can’t be Daenerys after last week, but I have no clue how anyone can defeat her. Even with her depleted armies, it’s still greater than any other competitors’.

Jon is now the obvious choice. With “obvious” the key word. Would I have just spent all those hours these last few weeks for an obvious answer? And I had a thought - if this is how the author wanted it to end (and I thought I read it was his general outline), is this why he could never finish the books? Is he waiting for backlash so he could “fix” it in the books?

Maybe we will see a rise of a democracy, where they are governed by a group of people and the monarchy is in name only (hello, King Gendry Baranathian)

Anyone else wondering in Cersai and Jaime really didn’t get crushed and are living happily ever after on an island? Heck, Arya survived! Why not them?

I just don’t want Tyrion to die. I want him to die when he’s 80, with his belly full of beer and...well, you know the rest of it.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Alter Ego 

@Alter Ego wrote:
I’ve literally only just caught up on all of the seasons so this is the first time I can even read a GOT thread!!

Agreed - It obviously can’t be Daenerys after last week, but I have no clue how anyone can defeat her. Even with her depleted armies, it’s still greater than any other competitors’.

Jon is now the obvious choice. With “obvious” the key word. Would I have just spent all those hours these last few weeks for an obvious answer? And I had a thought - if this is how the author wanted it to end (and I thought I read it was his general outline), is this why he could never finish the books? Is he waiting for backlash so he could “fix” it in the books?

Maybe we will see a rise of a democracy, where they are governed by a group of people and the monarchy is in name only (hello, King Gendry Baranathian)

Anyone else wondering in Cersai and Jaime really didn’t get crushed and are living happily ever after on an island? Heck, Arya survived! Why not them?

I just don’t want Tyrion to die. I want him to die when he’s 80, with his belly full of beer and...well, you know the rest of it.

Oh yes, I do.   LOL

First thing I said to DH after last week was 'how do we know they really died in that crush of stones?   I was hoping for a much worse death for those two.

DH says Twitter is full of people saying we're not going to like the end.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMG  I just had to rewind!!!

totally did not see THAT coming

again

OMG

Honored Contributor

Not happy with who ended up the ruler of the six kingdoms!