Respected Contributor

Re: Gaga and Bradley Cooper- A Star is Born

i was sorta interested in seeing this.  i happened to read the review of this from the "blue skies for me" blog. 

she hated it. said it was uber depressing, and at one point walked out on the film.  real tear jerker.  so upon hearing that, it will probably be a no for me. 

On another note, i can't wait to see Freddie Mercuy  in Queen. comes out nov. 1. 

Trusted Contributor

We saw it today and thought it was wonderful. Bradley and Gaga were amazing. Had no idea he could sing like that. Very talented people!

Trusted Contributor

@kittyloo,

For what is worth I also felt very depressed. Who likes to watch the self destruction of a young nice  talented man? Who likes to watch the ingratitude of his protege? I admit that this is not unusual in their world but this film was not my cup of tea.

It might be cultural but I did not care for her singing. I rather listen to Queen and Freddie he was the real deal🌻

Trusted Contributor

@CHIP62 wrote:

@kittyloo,

For what is worth I also felt very depressed. Who likes to watch the self destruction of a young nice  talented man? Who likes to watch the ingratitude of his protege? I admit that this is not unusual in their world but this film was not my cup of tea.

It might be cultural but I did not care for her singing. I rather listen to Queen and Freddie he was the real deal🌻

I didn't feel like she was ungrateful at all.  She didn't go on tour at the end to be with him and thanked him in her award speech.  I guess I didn't get the same feeling you did.  The last song was a total tear jerker and was dedicated to him.  And if you don't think Gaga is the real deal, you need to listen again!  That woman has some pipes!

Trusted Contributor

@Phantom41,

Thank you for sharing your view. When it comes to art, music, movies is very common to have different opinions. Again It must be cultural. This movie did not make me cry, it made me feel sad.

Lady G is not my style, sorry. I thought that BC was more authentic and a better singer at least in this movie🌻

Trusted Contributor

@CHIP62 wrote:

@Phantom41,

Thank you for sharing your view. When it comes to art, music, movies is very common to have different opinions. Again It must be cultural. This movie did not make me cry, it made me feel sad.

Lady G is not my style, sorry. I thought that BC was more authentic and a better singer at least in this movie🌻

I get it - she's not everyone's taste!  But I do think she has evolved from her meat dress wearing days to a good entertainer!  I like Queen too!

Honored Contributor

What ruined my wanting to see the movie, trailer ***spoiled*** entire preview gave the movie away. From what I did see, chemistry or shall I say lack of between them was very obvious.  LG lack of acting skills quite apparent. 

Valued Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity  I saw the movie, liked it but didn't love it.  While I think LG's singing is fantastic, her acting left a little to be desired.  And Bradley Cooper has joined the Jeff Bridges' method of acting and speeking.  I have excellent hearing and many times I couldn't understand a word he said.  I'll stick with the BS/KK version.

Honored Contributor

I saw it yesterday and my GF and I enjoyed it very much - blown away that Bradley can sing. Very nice emsemble cast.