Honored Contributor

Re: Gabby Petito story coming to Lifetime

@colliegirls wrote:

Other than why she lived with his family for 2 years, I can't imagine there is anything more to learn about this tragic story.

I learned a lot from it. It made me better understand exactly why Gaby even dated him in the first place. 

Gaby was flattered by his jealousy of other men. She thrived on the attention. It was clear they were mismatched in their appearance something that he was acutely aware of. It made him act out every time she even spoke to another guy. When they moved to Florida and she found a job, he wanted her working in the supermarket that he worked in. He started monitoring her every move. But there was a part of Gaby that secretly was flattered by his attentiveness. And that was her fatal flaw. She rationalized his escalating physical reactions to his jealousy. 

It was also brought out in the film that when she started her blog, he was unsupportive. Comments on Facebook, asking her why she was with this unattractive guy, further encouraged his rage. His jealousy overwhelmed him.

It was clearly a tragedy waiting to happen. 

Esteemed Contributor

@newjersey wrote:

I watched it the other night.  I thought the acting was pretty good.   A very sad story.

She was depicted as kind of spunky to me @newjersey .  But when they showed her in real life crying when the police were called she looked so timid.  I know she was afraid of him either way.  So sad.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

Other than why she lived with his family for 2 years, I can't imagine there is anything more to learn about this tragic story.

I learned a lot from it. It made me better understand exactly why Gaby even dated him in the first place. 

Gaby was flattered by his jealousy of other men. She thrived on the attention. It was clear they were mismatched in their appearance something that he was acutely aware of. It made him act out every time she even spoke to another guy. When they moved to Florida and she found a job, he wanted her working in the supermarket that he worked in. He started monitoring her every move. But there was a part of Gaby that secretly was flattered by his attentiveness. And that was her fatal flaw. She rationalized his escalating physical reactions to his jealousy. 

It was also brought out in the film that when she started her blog, he was unsupportive. Comments on Facebook, asking her why she was with this unattractive guy, further encouraged his rage. His jealousy overwhelmed him.

It was clearly a tragedy waiting to happen. 

Excellent @Trinity11 I am going to make it a point to set a reminder to watch when they air it on LMN.  Thank goodness they do that or otherwise I won't get to see it.  Thank you for your insights. 

Movies about domestic violence are always timely.  LMN continues to raise awareness through these movies.  Whether fiction or non fiction. 

You don't have to be married to someone to be a victim of domestic violence and Lifetimes stays on top of these kinds of movies and headline grabbing stories. She was a pretty little thing.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts!!!!

Trusted Contributor

We know the story.  This movie won't add anything.   it's just making money off this horrible tragedy.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset   the movie will be shown again on Lifetime Saturday, Oct 8th @ 5P CT.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@gertrudecloset   the movie will be shown again on Lifetime Saturday, Oct 8th @ 5P CT.

How nice of you to let me know @Tique .  Putting it on my Calendar reminder right now!  Thank  you so much.

Esteemed Contributor

@Black Cat Back wrote:

We know the story.  This movie won't add anything.   it's just making money off this horrible tragedy.

It also brings awareness to domestic violence.  If it brings money for family, then what's the problem with that?  Her family lost their daughter.  Why worry about what other people are getting because you're not?

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

For those who want to watch, but missed it like I did, it will be coming on again at 6:00p.m. Eastern Time.  

Thanks again @Tique