Respected Contributor

GUY'S BIG PROJECT

[ Edited ]

Anyone watching?  The premiere was last night @ 9 p.m.  I'm not a big fan of Guy's and don't watch DDD and stopped watching GGG but I'm a sucker for cooking reality shows.  I liked the 1st episode so I'll be watching it. 

Here's the premise:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/guys-big-project

There are 2 women who were on another reality show (Sherri & Sharon) and Zane Caplansky who was a judge on the baking shows on Cooking Channel.

Respected Contributor

I no longer get the Cooking Channel but I've read that there are a few people that go on multiple shows hoping to get a show or some sort of recognition out of it and supposedly they allow it bc they've already been vetted/screened for past transgressions.

There's one woman that was on a former Next Iron Chef that was over the top obnoxious and I've since seen her on other shows.  She tamed down a lot on her newer attempts and when asked, she blamed a brother's illness for her past transgressions - I think she said she was stressed bc he was terminal and I think on one more recent show she said he's since died.  

Honored Contributor

I watch Guy on DD&D, but I don't care for GGG.  From the previews for this new show, I doubt that I'll watch it.

Honored Contributor

Tired of competition shows and getting tired of Guy.

I admire his skill, he has a great personality but he is too over exposed to suit me.

I like his travel show with Hunter.

Saw a different side of Guy and his son is so nice.

Respected Contributor

@Financialgrl wrote:

I no longer get the Cooking Channel but I've read that there are a few people that go on multiple shows hoping to get a show or some sort of recognition out of it and supposedly they allow it bc they've already been vetted/screened for past transgressions.

There's one woman that was on a former Next Iron Chef that was over the top obnoxious and I've since seen her on other shows.  She tamed down a lot on her newer attempts and when asked, she blamed a brother's illness for her past transgressions - I think she said she was stressed bc he was terminal and I think on one more recent show she said he's since died.  

It's on Food Network not Cooking. I wouldn't be suprised that they go on multiple shows to be recognized since I see it a lot on the baking championships.  No wonder they look so familiar to me.

Esteemed Contributor

I watch DDD but I don’t care for any of the other shows. Guy has definitely been over-exposed. I hope he’s socking away all his earnings because there will come a time that people will tire of watching him.

Honored Contributor

@SWEET I tried to watch it but kept falling asleep . . . boo on me!  I am going to try and catch one of the reruns this week as from what I saw I really liked the way Guy truly seemed to care about the contestants and gave them all good, fair and helpful feedback.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@SWEET I tried to watch it but kept falling asleep . . . boo on me!  I am going to try and catch one of the reruns this week as from what I saw I really liked the way Guy truly seemed to care about the contestants and gave them all good, fair and helpful feedback.

I'm sure it'll be on this weekend as they always repeat or find it On Demand.  I DVR it so if I fall asleep I can watch it again or pause where I missed something.

Super Contributor

Been tired of Guy for years.  He's an automatic channel changer.  I noticed that his cookwares were on clearance almost immediately.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: GUY'S BIG PROJECT

[ Edited ]

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

I watch DDD but I don’t care for any of the other shows. Guy has definitely been over-exposed. I hope he’s socking away all his earnings because there will come a time that people will tire of watching him.

-------------------

My time came several years ago!!  I just don't watch any of his shows anymore.     He is so loud, so obnoxious; an immediate channel changer for me!!