Honored Contributor

GREAT NIGHT FOR DRAMA ON TCM, TUESDAY

MV5BMTg1MDQyNjQ2OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDc5MjM2._V1_.jpg

One after the other, of blockbuster classics.  No better way to spend a Tuesday viewing evening.

First:

The-Naked-City-1948.jpg

4:00 p.m. Eastern--   "The Naked City"   Barry Fitzgerald, Howard Duff, Dorothy Hart, Don Taylor, Frank Conroy, Ted de Corsia

then:

H1370D.jpg

6:00 p.m. Eastern--  "Key Largo"   Edward G. Robinson, Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall, Claire Trevor, Lionel Barrymore, Thomas Gomez, Jay Silverheels

then:

The-Lost-Weekend-Still.jpeg

8:00 p.m. Eastern--  "The Lost Weekend"   Ray Milland, Jane Wyman, Philip Terry, Howard da Silva, Doris Dowling, Frank Faylen

then:

Gentleman%u2019s_Agreement_Celeste_Holm_5.jpg

10:00 p.m. Eastern   "Gentleman's Agreement"   Gregory Peck, John Garfield, Celeste Holm, Dorothy McGuire, Ann Revere, June Havoc, Albert Dekker, Jane Wyatt, Sam Jaffe, Dean Stockwell

And they keep on coming.   Followed by:

12:15 a.m.    "Laura"

2:00 a.m.       "Gaslight"

4:00 a.m.       "Suspicion

Honored Contributor

Re: GREAT NIGHT FOR DRAMA ON TCM, TUESDAY

I checked the entire 31 Days of Oscar schedule on TCM and there are a LOT of movies that I will be recording.  Great month on TCM!!

Honored Contributor

It's a good chance to catch "The Naked City",  which TCM doesn't show as often as the other classics.  I suppose one reason might be, that it's not quite the same, mass appeal "crowd-pleaser" that the others are.  It has a gritty, neorealist style.  But richly rewarding to watch!

Barry Fitzgerald's good in this, and I always love Howard Duff, a noir stalwart.

la-cite-sans-voiles-the-naked-city-by-julesdassin-with-barry-fitzgerald-and-howard-duff-1948-b-w_u-l-q1c2tqh0.jpg

Respected Contributor

These are all great movies that I have seen. We will be watching Yellowstone series that my husband taped. Raw but good. 

Honored Contributor

What a fantastic lineup of excellent movies.  I will load up my DVR!!!!  Quite a few of them are movies I never tire of seeing over and over!!!!!  

Honored Contributor

These are some magnificent films, but there is an important speech scheduled for 9:00 p.m.   All who have an interest in our nation would be wise to tune in, no matter what your politics.