Honored Contributor

Re: GREAT MIX OF MOVIES ALL DAY THURSDAY TCM

[ Edited ]

I, too, had difficulty and had to replay it four times.  

My ears heard, "Trust is a variable quality," which matches up with what I sense to be a woman with a fluid sense of trust and fidelity.  Mind you, I have not seen this movie yet, Homegirl..

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @golding76 

Now that makes perfect sense!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You are welcome, Homegirl.  I hope my guess is correct, but someone will let us know if it is not (at least I hope so).

I am now having difficulty understanding English accents and have had to resort to using Closed Captioning for all movies with actors speaking with an English accent.  About two decades ago I began having difficulty understanding the kindergarten girls (only) in the classes where I was a teacher's aide.  There are obviously certain decibel levels (or whatever) that I have aged out of hearing accurately.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell   If you belong to Amazom Prime Video, there is a wonderful documentary called:  Tea with the Dames.  It is a conversation with Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, Eileen Atkins and Joan Plowright.  It is wonderful, just conversations and remembering a friendships with each other from 1958.  It was filmed at the home of Joan Plowright and Olivier, Joan has lost her sight, now but they, all, have a marvelous sense of humor and wonderful stories to tell.  It is interspersed with clips of them when younger.  A wonderful time, a wonderful visit.  You have to pay for this one, it's 5.99 but for me it was worth every penny!  Totally, enjoyable!

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeachand @golding76,  I agree, it is variable.

@Somertime,  oh, man, a candid discussion with those four luminaries--  I can well imagine the stories and how fabulous it is!