Respected Contributor

GREAT CHOCOLATE SHOWDOWN - SEASON 2

[ Edited ]

i know this show was on in March but I just found it on the CW network. I think it was originally shown in Canada if I"m not mistaken since a majority of it's bakers are from there. 

Anyone watching it or watched it? 

There's this one baker, Maile, who has been on the bottom 3x in a row and still there.  I'm wondering if she's going to make it.  I'm hoping the winner is EVan who's been consistently on the top.  It's always hard to determine who the winner will be sometimes since every show everyone has it's ups and downs.

I hate the host and her voice and her phrase every time they get ready to bake. 

Super Contributor

Re: GREAT CHOCOLATE SHOWDOWN - SEASON 2

@SWEETThank you for posting about this show.  I had watched Season 1 awhile back on either the Food Network or Discovery+.  I have to totally agree that Cynthia Stroud should drop her "Ready, Steady, Get Your Bake On" line.  Definitely grates on the nerves by the third episode.  Overall, I always enjoy a good baking competition.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Indra wrote:

@SWEETThank you for posting about this show.  I had watched Season 1 awhile back on either the Food Network or Discovery+.  I have to totally agree that Cynthia Stroud should drop her "Ready, Steady, Get Your Bake On" line.  Definitely grates on the nerves by the third episode.  Overall, I always enjoy a good baking competition.

@Indra 

Glad someone finally responded.  LOL.  I have no desire to watch former seasons but glad I found it.  Not sure if there will be future seasons but my DVR will automatically do it if there are.  Cynthia Stroud is just too obnoxious for me and you're right that by the 3rd episode or in my opinion the first one she can grate on one's nerves even without her "catch" phrase.

I watch a lot of baking competition on Food Network even though I don't bake.  I'm now watching The Halloween Baking Championship on Food and boy are there some gory looking ones. 

Not sure if this was on Food Network or not since I would have noticed it. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SWEETI neither a baker nor really a cook, but I love watching these shows.  Go figure? I'm stretching this one out, instead of bingeing because I want to enjoy as long as possible.  I hate waiting for the "Great British Bake Off" to drop its weekly episode on Friday.  I was trying to cut my expense so I canceled Discovery+ and can't watch the Halloween Championship.  I'll wait until Amazon Prime offers another special or it merges with HBOMax.