Respected Contributor

There are 3 episodes - one tonight, 2nd on Tuesday and 3rd on Wednesday.

Denise
Honored Contributor

Sad, that the only thing I remember about Grant was that he was a drinker and he had been relieved of his duties.

So glad I watched. Can't believe Grant sold his watch to buy Christmas gifts for his wife and kids. Maybe that is where O'Henry got the idea for his short story "The Gift of the Magi".

Esteemed Contributor

I watched it last night and enjoyed it very much.  Never knew about his life leading up to the Civil War.  Looking forward to the next two episodes.

Honored Contributor

watched the first episode

way too many commercials, and lots of horse riding 

so I will watch the others on the DVR

that said it was good

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

watched the first episode

way too many commercials, and lots of horse riding 

so I will watch the others on the DVR

that said it was good

I DID dvr it and thought the commercials were never ending while FFing, LOL  Otherwise I really enjoyed it and learned a lot.

Denise
Honored Contributor

I thought they were running all episodes back to back, but, no they're just running the same episode all night LOL

tonight is part 2, then , I guess Wed it will conclude.

Respected Contributor

Again, really enjoyed this episode (also the little "facts" they give between scenes and the historians' viewpoints).

Was wracking my brain about the name of the battle I DIDN'T want to see - then there it was - "The Wilderness". 

My husband said, "What's so bad?  Plenty of trees & brush to fight behind...?"  Ohhh...just wait.

Looking forward to tomorrow.  Silly me never thought those were terrible years for Grant to become President...

Denise
Frequent Contributor

I just streamed this today n the History app.  The commercials weren't bad & were short.  I loved this docu-series!