Honored Contributor

@elizabethl123 wrote:

DID ANY ONE WATCH IT   I DID  WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT IT  ..

Good morning, I did watch it and as Kitty Galore stated there was not much content.  I thought Sonny from General Hospital did a good job portraying John Gotti.  The woman who played Gotti's wife did a good job.  It was interesting enough for me to watch.  There is not much on Saturday night.  

Honored Contributor

I remember watching her reality show growing up Gotti.  I remember her sons being awful.  I stopped watching show.

Honored Contributor

I recorded it, but after reading this thread I deleted it without watching.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Watched the DVR last night because I love MB. This was a self indulgent docudrama from someone still desperate to do her daddy proud.

To be honest, it's a simple low substance highlight reel of her and daddy's lives. Unless you are a fan of one of the actors don't waste your time.

Otherwise your reward will be her literally saying at the end what BS it was for husband to be indicted shortly after her father because she had NO idea that her husband was involved in the mob in any way despite his overnight supposed self made millionaire success.

Her audience just isn't that stupid and neither is she.

Valued Contributor

i did not know that victoria had any siblings. i always thought that she was an only child.

i preferred it being from her view point, opposed to some writer creating a movie about people they didn't know. also liked that she narrated the movie (not sure that's what it's called)

i did watch some episodes of growing up gotti. i don't remember why now, but there was some guy that was just hanging around. he ruined it for me because he didn't add anything to the story. reminded me of what i use to call a professional friend.

i remember many of the headlines and stories on the news about her father.

would not be surprised if she does another movie, as a follow up in a few years.
they have been through a lot. i hope doing this movie gives them some peace, on some level.

being/living in ny is a lot for the relatively unknown. fame, good or bad, makes it much, much harder.

victoria wasn't part of whatever happened.

Respected Contributor

I watched it. It was a show about the relationship between a daughter and a father.

It was not a program about Gotti's life as a Don, which I think was what people wanted more of and expected.

As for the relationship with her husband and his business that is something I do think the Don knew about and the best move for her was to play naive.

Family is family and it is to be respected

It displayed a bond between a father and daughter and maybe it was what it was meant to convey to the audience.

Honored Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

I watched it. It was a show about the relationship between a daughter and a father.

It was not a program about Gotti's life as a Don, which I think was what people wanted more of and expected.

As for the relationship with her husband and his business that is something I do think the Don knew about and the best move for her was to play naive.

Family is family and it is to be respected

It displayed a bond between a father and daughter and maybe it was what it was meant to convey to the audience.

@chiclets  Yes, she wanted people to see the side of her Father that she saw, a softer, caring side.