Honored Contributor

GORDON RAMSAY HAS A NEW SHOW!

What you need to know about Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted

Read More: https://www.mashed.com/130760/what-you-need-to-know-about-gordon-ramsay-uncharted/?utm_campaign=clip

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Respected Contributor

Re: GORDON RAMSAY HAS A NEW SHOW!

Thanks for sharing @catlover this show will be interesting as it almost mirrors Anthony Bourdaine's show...seems the only difference is Gordon will be using the items found in these remote locations to actually cook the meals himself. I like the National Geographic channel and may give it a few episodes to see what happens.

Frequent Contributor

Gordon Ramsay could not even begin to be like Anthony Bourdain.  He does not have the wit, sense of humor or intelligence.  I don't kow why exactly but everytime I see a clip of an  old show with Tony I start crying like I knew him personally.  He was taken too soon and there is a special place in my heart for him which I don't understand myself.

Respected Contributor

@NWOL wrote:

Gordon Ramsay could not even begin to be like Anthony Bourdain.  He does not have the wit, sense of humor or intelligence.  I don't kow why exactly but everytime I see a clip of an  old show with Tony I start crying like I knew him personally.  He was taken too soon and there is a special place in my heart for him which I don't understand myself.

I still .. cannot wrap my head around the loss of Anthony .....

Honored Contributor

@NWOL wrote:

@NWOL   I completely agree with you. Mr. Ramsay doesn't have the sense, the sensitivity, the empathy, the inquisitiveness, the intelligence, the humility, the compassion, the charm, or so many other wonderful qualities that Anthony Bourdain had. I will probably watch this show at least once but can't imagine it would become a regular show for me.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

While I have never been a fan of Gordan Ramsay, I did watch this show yesterday and I really, really enjoyed it!  It was quite interesting and I think even people who never cared for him, such as myself, will find it to be entertaining.  In fact, i find that I now like him so much better and find that he has a very dry, ascerbic wit about him.  He is right in your face to be sure, but I believe there is a lot more to him than he shows besides that rough and harsh exterior.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I think he's a bit of a headcase if he really does behave like he did on his past shows.  It could have been an act I suppose...

Respected Contributor

I heard something on the radio this morning about him eating Guinea pigs. Must have been from this show.

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1   Just watched my recording and I enjoyed it especially the cook off at the end of the show.  Scenery was lovely.  Will watch next week.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@AngelPuppy1   Just watched my recording and I enjoyed it especially the cook off at the end of the show.  Scenery was lovely.  Will watch next week.

@dulwich 

I enjoyed the scenery and seeing the interaction with the people and their cultures!!! Me, too! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin