Honored Contributor

Re: GOOD WITCH Series Ending TONIGHT

I thought the least they could do, given that this was the absolutely final episode to a long-running series, was make it a two-hour special.  It was too rushed, trying to tie up all the loose ends.

And what an anti-climax - the whole deal about the red-haloed moon.  Phew!  The Merriwicks get to carry on being witches for another few generations.  Thank goodness that tree fell when it did and Joy spotted the part of the amulet in the dark and the wind.  < yawn >  (Excuse me, I nodded off there for a moment.)

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@BlueFinch - I thought the same thing about Catherine Bell's appearance.  It looked more to me as if she has some medical issues.  I've seen that look before on someone in our family.  It didn't look like any plastic surgery to me, but who knows?

The video posted on the Hallmark Channel social media from CB she looks better than she did on the show and in the promos.  She's not as swollen/puffy in that.  Looks more her age.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I thought the least they could do, given that this was the absolutely final episode to a long-running series, was make it a two-hour special.  It was too rushed, trying to tie up all the loose ends.

And what an anti-climax - the whole deal about the red-haloed moon.  Phew!  The Merriwicks get to carry on being witches for another few generations.  Thank goodness that tree fell when it did and Joy spotted the part of the amulet in the dark and the wind.  < yawn >  (Excuse me, I nodded off there for a moment.)

@Venezia   I agree. Under normal circumstances a 2 hour finale would have been nice. 'Normal' being if the show was still the charming, magical show that it was for the first five seasons AND if they knew that this season was going to be their last. 

Filming was done by the time Hallmark decided to cancel the show so there was never going to be an extended finale. And considering how awful this season has been, we should all be thankful we didn't waste an additional 60 minutes watching it.

Still, TPTB must've had an inkling that this may be their last season since they filmed two finales. I don't think I heard of the show doing that before.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I don't like the changes the Hallmark channel has made this year.

I Love Lucy never came back after the Christmas movies ended this past January. They stopped airing Cheers, too.

I love The Golden Girls, but I'm tired of seeing so many episodes everyday. Six hours of GG is just too much. I would rather see more of Frasier, a show that is currently airing only 3 episodes. Same goes for Reba.