Honored Contributor

Re: GOOD WITCH Series Ending TONIGHT

[ Edited ]

...The only thing I can give credit for is having wrapped it all up. Yes it was done badly but nothing was left hanging.

...Along with several others, I never thought Denton was the right choice for this show. 

...Never could stand milquetoast Donovan and while I was never much of an Abigail fan either, the two never seemed to mesh. Glad that was one wedding that didn't happen. Frankly, while couples have always figured into the mix, the almost exclusive focus on them over the past couple of years was one of the things that seemed to dilute the show's original charm.

...The newbie added absolutely nothing to the show and, in fact, largely derailed it, but I think we can all see why she was added. Heaven forbid that every single thing on television, commercials included, not tick off every single conceivable inclusivity box. Inclusivity is good. Contrived and gratuitous isn't.

...They tried to pack too much into this single episode and it came off as oddly disjointed and very badly done.

...One can only hope, though it probably won't happen, that with the series ending Hallmark might go back to offering periodic Good Witch movies and that if they do, the focus will be on the things that made the franchise popular. Done rarely, the good doctor can be out of town and Cassie, along with Martha and a few others, can highlight goings on in Middleton.

...Assuming that was it, a pretty poor ending for what was once a sweet, engaging little show. Hoping this isn't a harbinger of things to come on the 'new' Hallmark.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I will watch to finish the series > I watched the movies and caught the series On Demand. I was excited for this season bc it wa sa good cliffhanger last season. I wasn't feeling  Joy at all but gave her a chance. I will watch whatever is still On Demand and call it quits.  I agree that CB has looked better...all the botox and plastic surgery is awful

I am glad Stephanie married but Adam ???  meh......where is the carpenter guy ?? I liked him.

So Grace didn't come back ?? That's too bad. I loved her.

I will miss Martha and Tom.

I got into Chesapeake Shores...kind of drew me in. The scenery is beautiful but don't like all the characters.

Respected Contributor

Fans of Martha (I'm one) should check her out in the tv series "Forever Knight". That's where i first noticed her and was so happy when she reappeared on Good Witch.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb - I also hope that Hallmark will offer periodic Good Witch movies.  After the show last night there was a video on Facebook with some of the stars.  They thanked the fans for supporting them and Kylee Evans (Stephanie) said this isn't good bye, so maybe there is a chance for more movies.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@twinsister wrote:

@stevieb - I also hope that Hallmark will offer periodic Good Witch movies.  After the show last night there was a video on Facebook with some of the stars.  They thanked the fans for supporting them and Kylee Evans (Stephanie) said this isn't good bye, so maybe there is a chance for more movies.

@twinsister  Special movies would be more than welcome, so long as they revert to the Good Witch most of us came to enjoy... As other posters have noted, the ending was a bit abrupt and I found it a bit disconcerting that the only Merriwick left standing in front of Grey House was Joy... I sincerely hope that if there's a reboot, she's not put out there as the 'star', as she just wasn't that interesting... Agree with others that it was too bad none of the next generation even so much as made an appearance in the last episode... It'll be interesting to see where they go, but have my doubts that Hallmark's current regime will get it right...

Respected Contributor

Some mentioned that CB looked different. I agree.

I was surprised by her appearance. But, to me, it didn't look like plastic surgery. Her entire face looked swollen, somewhat bloated, like someone undergoing medical treatments. 

She didn't have the golf ball cheeks, or other indicators of someone who had fillers. All of her face was affected, almost round. I considered she had gained some weight, but at her age, it would not likely affect her face to that degree. 

We'll likely never know what was going on, but I'm sure she was aware, herself, noted by her pulling her hair further on her face. And, there were fewer close-up's. Being gloomy and not having to smile may have been factored in on purpose due to her change in appearance. 

I really like CB and hope she is well, but the vibe is off for me. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Chris Potter made the right choice staying with Heartland.
Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch - I thought the same thing about Catherine Bell's appearance.  It looked more to me as if she has some medical issues.  I've seen that look before on someone in our family.  It didn't look like any plastic surgery to me, but who knows?

Honored Contributor

Reading Hallmark's social media today, you all are very kind in your remarks.  Maybe because this forum sensors curse words ;o)

Some people think there may be a spinoff series or movies or something based on the comments in the "thank you video." 

But normally with Hallmark, when actors say "it's not goodbye" it just means they'll be in movies going forward, so I would not put too much stock in a spinoff series.

As I said in another thread, I think Hallmark is getting out of the series business.  The interview that the new president of Hallmark did in February of this year with The HOllywood Reporter did not mention one word about series.  She talked about streaming, movies, Hallmark Hall of Fame, but nothign about series.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35  If what's been foisted out there in recent memory is indicative of what we can expect from the new regime, Hallmark will likely be even more minimally programmed for my viewing pleasure than it already is. I've not been at all impressed. Personally, not wowed by most of the series anyway, so won't miss less of a focus on them, but would welcome back Good Witch movies IF they were done employing the former vibe, which I somehow don't see happening. I'd also like to see less redundancy in casting but that said, some of the 'fresh talent' I've seen introduced this year has been less than impressive.