Respected Contributor

Re: GOOD WITCH Series Ending TONIGHT

What a sad demise to a formerly enjoyable show.  I don't know how they could have made the ending any worse.   Middleton has always been my fantasy retreat.  When I would sit down and join Cassie in the Bell, Book & Candle shop I would be taken to a place of peace and when each episode ended I would feel that my mood was always elevated.

After tonight's show ended I hardly felt peace.  It was dark and depressing and just left me wondering what happened to each character.  No one acted like themselves except maybe George.  

I could feel the show slowly sinking away during Season 6 but Season 7 was the catalyst that finally brought the show to it's knees.

I've always bought each season as it came out on DVD but you can bet I won't be purchasing Season 7.  

Respected Contributor

Two Endings Were Filmed, So the Finale Will Wrap Everything Up

In a Facebook Live discussion, James Denton (who plays Sam) and Catherine Bell (who plays Cassie) answered fan questions about the series and the ending of the show after 13 years. At the very end of their chat, they also addressed whether the series finale is going to wrap everything up or if fans will be left with questions.

According to Bell and Denton, two different endings were filmed for the final episode. The cast and crew did not know that the series was going to be canceled, but they had an ending planned that wrapped everything up nicely without any cliffhangers. So fans aren’t going to be left hanging or with big questions like they might with a regular season finale.

“We did two versions,” Bell said. “…We didn’t know we were not coming back, but there were two options. I guess they do that sometimes.”

Respected Contributor

Well, the finale was really . . . . boring. At least it was consistent with the rest of the season.

I actually fell asleep and woke up when Adam and Stephanie were getting married on the boat. Her dress was pretty, so was the bouquet.

Cassie and Sam are taking a trip around the world. I don't know which one of them seemed less enthused about the whole thing. 

It seemed like they really rushed the break up between Donovan and Abigail.

I read a recap of the parts of the show that I didn't see and it doesn't seem like I really missed anything.

It's so sad to see how this show ended up. Hallmark really dropped the ball on this series.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'll be watching. You just never know...they might drop a hint, maybe more, about  possible spin-off(s). 

@SilleeMee   The only character I would be interested in seeing in a spin-off would be Martha. Her character has always been fun, larger than life and the comic relief.

I highly doubt that there will be any spin-offs considering how bad the ratings for the show have been the past few years.

I'd be willing to bet that we won't be seeing any Halloween specials anymore, either.

Super Contributor

I've watched since the beginning and really enjoyed until last season when it started to decline. This year was terrible. Guess TPTB knew the show was losing it's luster and decided to cancel. Joy added nothing to the series. Abigail and Donovan just became boring with their shall we or not. Cassie changed, no life in her, just slow and boring. Only fun, interesting one was Martha. Not sorry to see the series end.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with all that has been said.  At this point this season was so bad I no longer cared what happened to any of them.  I did watch just in case it picked up, but alas...no.

I think everybody was phoning it in this season, especially Catherine Bell and James Denton, who I never really cared for as her husband to begin with.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

I agree with all that has been said.  At this point this season was so bad I no longer cared what happened to any of them.  I did watch just in case it picked up, but alas...no.

I think everybody was phoning it in this season, especially Catherine Bell and James Denton, who I never really cared for as her husband to begin with.  

@Wsmom   YES!!!!!

I've said it before in other posts - James Denton was absolutely phoning it in this season. It's like he wanted to be anywhere else but on this show.

I never liked his acting, in this series or in anything else. I could never understand his popularity. He has no charimsa and his acting is very wooden. He was the best they could do to replace the wonderful Chris Potter? Denton had zero chemistry with Catherine Bell. 

Esteemed Contributor

What a dull ending for a once charming show. Agree with others that this season was awful and the cast looked bored with their characters.  Everyone was miserable and Cassie looked so down last night even when leaving for their trip. Stephanie looked beautiful in her wedding gown.  

I think I am done watching Hallmark series.  I enjoyed Cedar Cove a few years ago, but it was cancelled without tying up the storylines and left the viewers hanging.

Respected Contributor

@twinsister It seemed like the cast of Good Witch couldn't get out the door fast enough. I had no warm sentiments left for the characters in the finale. I didn't care where they flew off to. I'm also glad it's over, since the writers seemed to have given up on it. 

I'm thinking I won't ever start a series again either. You're right about Cedar Cove. I really liked that series. The acting was better than average for Hallmark and the setting was gorgeous. Then poof, we learned it was not coming back, without any closure. 

Respected Contributor

A total disappointment. Loved this show when it first came on. Horrible final storyline and cast looked bored to death. I hardly recognized KB. Too much plastic surgery. Sad that such a good show ended so stupid.