Honored Contributor

GOOD UPCOMING MANNIX EPISODES THURS. 2:00 A.M. AND FRIDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

20374588_1378885228896154_3864660036979358756_n.jpg

Mannix has 'flipped' again on METV, and they've started up the whole series again.  Want to point you to the upcoming second and third episodes of Season 1--  they're good, and totally quintessential "Mannixian"!

Granted, Season One has one huge drawback--  Joe Mannix (Mike Connors) had not yet gone out on his own, and acquired his invaluable secretary, "Peggy Fair" (Gail Fisher).  

So much of what makes the show fun is Joe's and Peggy's easy, smooth office relationship and close friendship.  But Season One does have fab character actor Joseph Campanella ("Lew Wickersham") as Joe's boss. Lew and Joe may have more surface tension in their relationship, but underneath they're close too.

0055.jpg       

Thursday, 2:00 a.m. Eastern--  Mannix,  "Skid Marks on a Dry Run"   Mike Connors, Joseph Campanella, Charles Drake, Marian Moses, Elisabeth Fraser, Wende Wagner, Vincent Gardenia

Wealthy tycoon (Charles Drake) hires Mannix to dig up dirt on himself--  to see if there's too much mud to keep him from running for high political office.  Soon Mannix is up to his neck in slinky office assistants, neglected wives, and determined, lethal efforts to stop his investigation...

Love the way the early "Mannixes" utilized now-middle-aged stars and character actors from the classic age of Hollywood, like Charles Drake, who was memorably the romantically dense physician in "Harvey",  among many other roles.

Charles_Drake_(actor).jpg

Here he presents a real mystery for Mannix to puzzle out.

bac8cb56031e4be6e742cfc9305f22f4.jpg

Charles Drake may have had unplumbed depths.  He was so good, and held his own, as a dogged but soulful police lieutenant against a frenzied Joan Crawford in her classic noir sudser, "Female on the Beach".

Friday, 2:00 a.m. Eastern--  Mannix  "Nothing Ever Works Twice"   Mike Connors, Joseph Campanella, Gloria DeHaven, Frank Aletter, Robert H. Harris, Karla Most, Max Klevin, Ed Long, Richard Derr, Leslie Perkins

An old flame (Gloria DeHaven) shows up again in Mannix's life.  This time she wants him to gather information on her current husband, and maybe she wants to start something again with Mannix too....  Danger follows.

More "old Hollywood" gold dust!  In the form of Gloria De Haven.   She was a child of vaudevilleans, a swanky nightclub singer, and a welcome denizen of MGM musicals and film noir as well.  A total pro.   Loved her as the mysterious young temptress in "Scene of the Crime" with Van Johnson.

16c53c79133f954edf7d739723faacce.jpg

In "Mannix",  she's matured, closer to her natural hair color,  but still enigmatic.   Still adorable, in her Sixties- precise pixie Sassoon-esque haircut.  She was tiny, about 5'1",  and packed a punch! 

476322.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: GOOD UPCOMING MANNIX EPISODES THURS. 2:00 A.M. AND FRIDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

@Oznell - My DVR is set.  I remember watching Mannix on Saturday nights with my family.

I liked Charles Drake in Until They Sail with Paul Newman, Jean Simmons and Joan Fontaine.

Thanks for the alert.

Honored Contributor

Re: GOOD UPCOMING MANNIX EPISODES THURS. 2:00 A.M. AND FRIDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

You know, @twinsister ,  I had forgotten that Charles Drake was in "Until They Sail",   and that's a film I like too.  It's been too long since I've seen it, clearly!

"Mannix" was the kind of show it was fun to watch with your family, for sure.  Hope you enjoy these episodes.

Honored Contributor

My Dad loved that show.

Honored Contributor

Not surprised, @rms1954 -- it had (and has) a huge, dedicated following.  Action-filled, uncomplicated escapism, with characters you care about!