Honored Contributor

Re: GMA Promoting Markle On Show Monday

[ Edited ]

@hopi wrote:

Great to hear, while everyone is at home it is wonderful to have new programming.

It must be wonderful to be your own person, support your family and work in a manner that you enjoy. If Dianna was able to maybe she would be alive today.

Actually, Diana was able. At the time of her death, she'd been divorced from Prince Charles for about a year and was sowing her oats as an international goodwill ambassador and to some extent an interational playgirl, of sorts. Diana was admirable in many ways, but in other ways she made her own sometimes questionable choices.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:
@hopi. Who doesn't? Lots of people including me which is why I've never had any.
But that question has nothing to do with my point which was disagreeing with what you think Kate's motivation for having children was. You are now veering g away from my post.

@Pearlee 

How would I know you didn't like children?

Don't ever, ever remember you posting that.

Sincerely with respect to you the comments made were not trying to veer from your post but express a view.

Honored Contributor

@Spacrazy wrote:

Y A W N

Exquisitely stated @Spacrazy . Totally agree.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:
@RainCityWoman. Good grief the things people read into posts that aren't there. Who is rooting for anyone to fail? Can you quote language here that says that?

People can state their opinions of others without knowing them personally. It happens all the time, just as you come to the defense of a woman you don't know either.

@Pearlee You make a great point ,  it goes both ways😺

I don't defend Meghan so much as I defend the truth. Claims that are being made here seem to indicate that her detractors know her inner thoughts, motives and private life. Go back and read this whole thread. Then tell me what is really going on here. I might add that this is one of a myriad of Meghan threads that have been posted here over the months, all of them with unkind remarks and no proof of certain assumptions.  One has to wonder why? I can guarantee you that I have NOT initiated one thread on her or any of the royal family, but I reserve the right to comment on the animosity.  I don't know her or any of the royal family nor will I ever. I just don't understand the mean spirited behavior toward her. 

Esteemed Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

At first I thought the thrill had worn off and she wanted her old life back, but now I think the both of them had probably planned this from day one. Once she had a baby, they'd take off. 

Wouldn't doubt it if Kate is kinda envious of Meghan.

You are right Kate is having baby, baby, baby, to make sure one of her children will be king or queen, she has her own agenda.

And here we go again, only this time Kate is the target. WHY?

Valued Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@Jinlei wrote:

That lady never intended to stay in the Royal family.  She had a plan  before she was even married.  She did a good job on Harry to give up his family.  Sad.

As you can see in my earlier post I agree @Jinlei If she even got on GMA prior to Harry it would have been Meghan who? 

Disney is promoting the two documentaries. The other one is narrated by Natalie Portman, an established actress who has won an Academy Award. Had Meghan never met Harry, she would still probably be in Canada filming her TV show and the executives at Disney would never consider her for this. 

How I wish that was true! Suits was awesome and so was Meghan!!!

Regular Contributor

I have to politely disagree with the assessment of Kate. So she had 3 children. The Queen had 4. There is no agenda. Kate and Wils children are the heirs apparent strictly by line of succession. Kate is British. I’m sure she grew up with at least some knowledge of how the monarchy works and what would be expected of her in that role. IMO she has embraced that role and has succeeded beautifully. Megan on the other hand not being born and raised British didn’t know a lot about what was expected of her and either the staff didn’t school her sufficiently before she married Harry or she figured she’d do what she wants, rules be damned.