Esteemed Contributor

Re: GMA Promoting Markle On Show Monday

@Pearlee wrote:
I think that about Harry! And that Meghan knew all the right buttons to push for his unresolved Diana issues.

@Pearlee That is exactly what is going on here. Harry is not whipped he has a lot of unresolved issues stemming from the death of Diana. He will never be happy living here in the US, and becoming one of the guys.Harry will go back to his life in the UK.

Honored Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

What I don't understand is when they say who narrates the documentaries, they say Natalie Portman for the one and Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex for the elephant one. Is there supposed to be a 'The' there? I always thought is was just name and title, no 'the' necessary. It just sounds weird when they say that.

@Lisa now in AZ - IMHO  the "the" is used for emphasis. Many times I heard Diana referred to as "Diana, The Princess of Wales," instead of "Diana, Princess of Wales." But I think both are correct. Kate is "Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge," "Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge," or "HRH Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge." Again, I think it's just for emphasis. Maybe another poster on here can explain it better! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

At first I thought the thrill had worn off and she wanted her old life back, but now I think the both of them had probably planned this from day one. Once she had a baby, they'd take off. 

Wouldn't doubt it if Kate is kinda envious of Meghan.

@Daisy Sunflower - Just my speculation, but I have to disagree with you. Kate is a different person. She and William had a lot of time together on their own, both before and after they were married, which Meghan and Harry didn't have. She has talked about the little cottage they had when they were first married and William was a helicopter rescue pilot. She knew what kind of life she would have, and I think she enjoys that life. 

Royal watchers have said she has seemed to relax more after the drama with Meghan and Harry. I'm sure she's upset. She is Harry's SIL and the three of them did a lot together. She and William probably miss him like crazy.

I also think Harry and his family would have returned for a visit to England by now, had it not been for the pandemic.

She will be the Queen of England. She and William have shown how the modern-day royal family can relate to the British people, and I think the two of them are doing a great job!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

It was reported earlier, that H&M and wee Archie, would be returning to England, to spend time with the Queen, at least once, or maybe, twice, this Summer. 

Whether plans will still be affected, then, by Covid, I guess is unknown. 

As for Meghan's appearance on GMA, I sure hope her head doesn't start spinning, or something. That's never a good sign. 🤣

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

What I don't understand is when they say who narrates the documentaries, they say Natalie Portman for the one and Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex for the elephant one. Is there supposed to be a 'The' there? I always thought is was just name and title, no 'the' necessary. It just sounds weird when they say that.

@Lisa now in AZ - IMHO  the "the" is used for emphasis. Many times I heard Diana referred to as "Diana, The Princess of Wales," instead of "Diana, Princess of Wales." But I think both are correct. Kate is "Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge," "Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge," or "HRH Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge." Again, I think it's just for emphasis. Maybe another poster on here can explain it better! Smiley Happy

No idea whether it mattered in the instance of how Markle was touted for her role in this documentary, but I believe there actually is protocol for how these royals are 'styled'. There was a big hoopla at the time Diana was essentially stripped of the HRH title and instead of being styled as HRH Diana, the Princess of Wales, she was henceforth to be styled as Princess Diana of Wales or something like that... I'm not sure what the distinction was but there definitely was one. How Markle is now styled might well have something to do with the fact that they have now been enjoined from using the HRH designation, given their desire not to perform royal duties as assigned.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

At first I thought the thrill had worn off and she wanted her old life back, but now I think the both of them had probably planned this from day one. Once she had a baby, they'd take off. 

Wouldn't doubt it if Kate is kinda envious of Meghan.

@Daisy Sunflower - Just my speculation, but I have to disagree with you. Kate is a different person. She and William had a lot of time together on their own, both before and after they were married, which Meghan and Harry didn't have. She has talked about the little cottage they had when they were first married and William was a helicopter rescue pilot. She knew what kind of life she would have, and I think she enjoys that life. 

Royal watchers have said she has seemed to relax more after the drama with Meghan and Harry. I'm sure she's upset. She is Harry's SIL and the three of them did a lot together. She and William probably miss him like crazy.

I also think Harry and his family would have returned for a visit to England by now, had it not been for the pandemic.

She will be the Queen of England. She and William have shown how the modern-day royal family can relate to the British people, and I think the two of them are doing a great job!  Smiley Happy

I'd agree that I don't think Kate is remotely envious of Markle. I'm sure there are times when she wishes her time were more her own and probably times when all the royal protocol, bells and whistles gets old, but she was raised in the culture that promotes all that and knew William, (who seems a good bit better 'put together' than does Harry), and knew the expectations for a very long time before becoming part of the royal family. It wouldn't appear she joined the family with an agenda to change the status quo, as it might be assumed someone else did... She knows her role and is ready for it, or so it would appear. Who knows, I've read where the rift with Harry is upsetting to her but that was his choice. When William becomes king she will be the queen consort, but I believe she will be styled as HRH Queen Katherine...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Another big difference, as pointed out in articles I've read (therefore not my idea) is that being much younger, Kate really never had a job, except for a few short gigs at things and working at the family business. Certainly not a career at anything, while waiting for William to propose.
So she really wasnt giving up anything marrying into the royal family and, although shy and nervous at first, she really has grown nicely into her role of service to Great Britain. She's happy being a wife, mother, and performing royal duties which is pretty much all she's ever known (as I say, other jobs she had were short term).

Now these are my own thoughts: she isn't an attention-seeker like Meghan and doesn't think it's "all about her," striving to constantly be in the limelight. She strikes me as being a happy and content woman who enjoys her duties on behalf of the monarchy and enjoys accompanying her husband. She doesn't strike me as a malcontent.
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
I think that about Harry! And that Meghan knew all the right buttons to push for his unresolved Diana issues.

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee  OH I think your totally on the money my dear!   She had it all planned out .  😏

Trusted Contributor

Thank you to those who replied about the word 'The' in the title. I must not be too observant, because I don't ever remember hearing it with the others you mentioned. 

And I agree with those who don't think that Kate is remotely jealous of Meghan.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@RainCityWoman. Good grief the things people read into posts that aren't there. Who is rooting for anyone to fail? Can you quote language here that says that?

People can state their opinions of others without knowing them personally. It happens all the time, just as you come to the defense of a woman you don't know either.

@Pearlee You make a great point ,  it goes both ways😺