Honored Contributor

GLENN FORD STAR OF THE MONTH CONTINUES MONDAY TCM

Just a quick alert to a couple of choice Glenn Ford romantic suspense films in the festival tonight:

9:30 p.m. Eastern--  "Gilda"   A top favorite.  Glenn and superb Rita Hayworth make magic in romantic, mysterious Buenos Aires.

1:15 a.m. Eastern--  "Affair in Trinidad"   Rita and Glenn reunite as a suddenly widowed nightclub singer and her brother-in-law on the trail of spies in the Caribbean.

These two movies make a fun double feature to record.

Honored Contributor

Re: GLENN FORD STAR OF THE MONTH CONTINUES MONDAY TCM

I have seen the classic, Gilda so I will DVR the Affair in Trinidad.  The combo of Ford and Hayworth makes these movies a well worth watch!

My favorite Glenn Ford movie is Blackboard Jungle.  When I was very young i saw this movie and it fascinated me for some reason.  My brother was a rock and roller and played Rock Around the Clock , the movie's theme song, often.  I thought Ford's performance was one of his best and the story realistic and portraying the issues of some youth at the time.  I have watched the movie many times since.

Esteemed Contributor

About  40 years ago On the first day of my first full time job my boss mentioned that Glen Ford was his Uncle. At first I didn’t believe him but later realized the resemblance. 

I always liked Glen Ford, he was a natural actor.

Trusted Contributor

I wasn't too familiar with Glenn Ford's work, but Mom admired it and recommended that I tune in to some of his films this month. I have enjoyed the 3 of his very diverse roles so far that I have viewed. He really becomes each character without outwardly trying too hard. Smooth transitions.

Yes, a natural, @1Snickers.

I'll record these two tonight. Thanks, @Oznell

Honored Contributor

How fascinating @1Snickers, that you knew Glenn Ford's nephew and that there was a resemblance-- lucky guy!