Honored Contributor

Re: GLENN FORD FEST CONTINUES ON TCM MONDAY

Ha, ha, no no @SharkE --  "strong and silent"--  to us "Fordians", at least!   And there's always something seething underneath...

Honored Contributor

Not nice looking. I never seen the appeal. Looks like a IRS worker, undertaker, etc.

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

Once again, wish I could get that station!  Love all those actors, and haven’t seen that movie.  I will keep my eyes open if it ever shows up elsewhere.

Please check out the schedule for the Movies! Channel. They show many of the same movies that are on TCM.

In fact all day Thursday and Sunday evenings they show Film Noir. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@NAES1   Your DH is a riot. Just intervening here for a sec to say my DH loves Glenn Ford, too. I never could like him but thru all these years it happened. I like him now, too! No popcorn, I just like his movies. I like men of action and well, let's face it, Glenn doesn't really knock 'em down in the aisles. His quiet, calm demeanor is the opposite of what I like in an action movie, but darn if I didn't succumb. 

There's one I really liked-I think it was called Ransom. A real thriller. But Glenn kept his cool thru the whole thing. Imagine that?

@Judaline ~ how nice to meet you. Your post was thoughtfully concise and I was laughing about "he  doesn't knock 'em down in the aisles", however I think of G. Ford as very understated- he's not a love and leave them, nor, any type of Bad Boy, but no one here actually knows the real distinguishing qualities of any actor.

As my mother-in-law often says: 'no one knows what goes on after the bedroom door are closed'

I have a beautiful husband as in very good looking, but that is not often found to the women what many see as the exterior, only.

Thinking out loud:

I intuitively have a sense of Ford always having been a gentleman, a soft hearted man and someone whom anyone could trust, or would want as a best friend.

My husband adores a beautiful woman that I could name possibly 6 being actresses.

___In fact, as I view your *avatar, yours is so identical to Jean Tierney whom he admires.

He always gravitates toward brunettes.

I have always mistaken Jean Tierney with Hedy Lamarr. 

One of the posters mentioned GF reminded him of someone working as an IRS ..... that's funny! He sure would come in handy doing my tax investigation.

I am not attracted to the brute, loud mouthed, bad boy - empty headed male, ne'erdowell ...

----but as we know, there's someone OUT THERE for everyone. 

I appreciated ( fondly found) your post so much.

'judaline,  "Quite a sense of humor you have, as I and husband have, also. if no sense of humor, then you're out".

That was the #1 trait I found in - my first getting to know you -, and that wavy blond sandy hair and big hypnotic blue eyes took me over the edge.

Whoa,

saying that, it had to be someone very special to have me say I DO.

He always thought Ava Gardner and Ingrid Bergman were the most beautiful women. That must be 'why' he ran away from me as I was standing alone in the rain, looking like a forgotten

-thinking of something else, little girl. See you at the movies. 

Awe,

He has told me there would never be another woman he could love, as with me.

~~~" I never loved any man as I do my husband, and  ``shucks``

he brings me creme horns pastries from the bakery every week, and if lucky, a box of the variety flavored popsicles. Yum, and a dishwasher, too. 

Well, you still look like Jean to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Ha, ha, no no @SharkE --  "strong and silent"--  to us "Fordians", at least!   And there's always something seething underneath...

You can certainly say that more Xs than once!   NAES !

@Oznell wrote:

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  ^  NAES

Honored Contributor

@NAES1  I ejnoyed your post. You're a nut like me. (birds of a feather. If you are offended by this I'm sorry. I'm just hoping you get my drift.

That IS GENE TIERNEY on my avatar, Laura being my favorite movie and song and she's my fave actress, so I thought, why not make her my avatar.

Wow, sounds like you have a pretty terrific marriage. Good for you. We're still hanging in there-long time. This board is jumping around like a hurricane-hope this goes thru.

P.S. It's been a loooooong time since I had a creme puff. (but I remember 'em).

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@NAES1  I ejnoyed your post. You're a nut like me. (birds of a feather. If you are offended by this I'm sorry. I'm just hoping you get my drift.

That IS GENE TIERNEY on my avatar, Laura being my favorite movie and song and she's my fave actress, so I thought, why not make her my avatar.

Wow, sounds like you have a pretty terrific marriage. Good for you. We're still hanging in there-long time. This board is jumping around like a hurricane-hope this goes thru.

P.S. It's been a loooooong time since I had a creme puff. (but I remember 'em).

@Judaline , You are a hoot and so much fun to be with.

I 'knew' that her name was with a "G", though, but maybe others though I was referring to a man. Yes, I like your avatar.

I will be with you later and continue our (what a treat, a lady with a sense of humor) whatsoever.

Be patient, I'm almost out the door but back by 2 hours. See you later or tomorrow. It's been 

F U N ........... !