Honored Contributor

GLENN FORD FEST CONTINUES ON TCM MONDAY

8:00 p.m. Eastern--  "Experiment in Terror"  Glenn Ford, Lee Remick, Ross Martin, Stefanie Powers

experiment-in-terror-32.png

Taut little suspense film from early Sixties.  I see that wiki is referring to it as "neo-noir", which is fun.

Federal agent Glenn Ford is alerted when San Francisco teller Lee Remick is targeted by psychotic killer Ross Martin, who demands that she steal money from her bank and turn it over to him.  She is vulnerable to his demands due to her need to protect teenage sister Stefanie Powers...

9cd4304f3e58eb25bc3abb4b082c4f11.jpg

This is one of director Blake Edwards' early outings, and not one of his more playful ones either!   All four of the principals are engaging.  Love cool Lee Remick in anything, and Ross Martin was a very versatile, talented character actor, which you know if you've ever watched "The Wild, Wild West".

Nice chiller for a hot evening!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: GLENN FORD FEST CONTINUES ON TCM MONDAY

I’ll be there! Thanks again @Oznell

📺❤️

Respected Contributor

I’ll be watching too....thank you for the review !

Respected Contributor

Once again, wish I could get that station!  Love all those actors, and haven’t seen that movie.  I will keep my eyes open if it ever shows up elsewhere.

Respected Contributor

Will be watching. Going out to take care of my garden for as long as I can stand it. Hot humid and bugs.  Thanks Oznell 

Esteemed Contributor

I have to tell you this, Oznell.

Oh, you'll possibly get around to read this by later on / 30th/ '19.

So this story continues on......

I do believe my husband and you wait for the same movies!!

Your husband and me= TLHS. We know the romance and not the chill of terror, or it could be the other way around... POPcorn oohs and Ahhhs,,,,

Not once, or four times, but "8" times he came up so wide eyed trying to explain this movie:

[ Experiment in Terror ]

I was working on some med. charts and listening to soft relaxing music, so I'll catch 'it' another time.

He could not have been more tongue tied going in three directions at the same time. Did I miss a High point? Whoa. I missed! 

Yes, I indeed did.Woman Surprised

He has the utmost respect for Glenn Ford, but saying he's never seen Lee Remick as this strong with deep excitement.

He knows her as the cheerleader in - A FACE in the .... and as in The Long Hot... with Jody.......

{{{{{{{{{{{  > parts as these!!.

So his provoking thoughts just a jolt remembering of Remick must have been a perception of different Hollywood instructions he had remembered she being in ~~~as such.

G.Ford has to one of his top 6  (will watch) of male actors, and he listens to every dot, comma, and pause when Eddie is on.

You two must be a bird of the same feather, if that's the correct cliche, if not, it sounds quite well with me.

BINGO! ..... 

no popcorn for him with Experiment. He didn't even ask me if I wanted coffee, or a hug. 

I'll have to break down and start hitting the Hot movies.

Toss the documents and butter the popcorn. 

Have a super great day for all of Tuesday if you have not melted, thus far.

I'll get on the ball -s o o n.   M O V I E S........!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH, now hearing about RAGE.

Stella Stevens? I think I've seen this...wasn't it a 66?

I saw much later in the 80s, - not when at its peak time. 

HUSBAND said: he couldn't stop watching, and I thought he said of me, could not stop eating. that's a joke if you knew my kitchen duties as the little woman. 

GOOD   NIGHT. 

@Oznell 

Honored Contributor

@NAES1--  so glad your hubs enjoyed "Experiment in Terror"!   He has impeccable cinematic taste... 

You are so right about the movie inclinations of mine (he being more like you) but even he said he wanted to watch it later if I DVR'd it.   Who isn't up for a nifty, atmospheric little thriller, especially with these terrific players.

Sounds like you are having a good summer.  Enjoy, and see you (later) at the movies!

Honored Contributor

@NAES1   Your DH is a riot. Just intervening here for a sec to say my DH loves Glenn Ford, too. I never could like him but thru all these years it happened. I like him now, too! No popcorn, I just like his movies. I like men of action and well, let's face it, Glenn doesn't really knock 'em down in the aisles. His quiet, calm demeanor is the opposite of what I like in an action movie, but darn if I didn't succumb. 

There's one I really liked-I think it was called Ransom. A real thriller. But Glenn kept his cool thru the whole thing. Imagine that?

Honored Contributor

Oznell, this movie is a winner and the cast makes it one.  Love Lee Remick in one of the best movies, Days of Wine and Roses with my other fav, Jack Lemmon.  Glen always stands out for me in Black Board Jungle . I always enjoyed Wild Wild West with Ross.  Stephanie Powers when with Bill Holden, another great actor, started the Mr. Kenya Wildlfe Conservatory which for an animal advocate like me was as much of a high point as their movie careers.  

Honored Contributor

pass he's wooden and morose