Honored Contributor

GEORGE MICHAEL DOCUMENTARY

[ Edited ]

There was a segment on George Michael this morning on GMA.   He passed away last December at the age of 53.

A documentary about the singer, directed in large part BY the singer, premieres this Saturday evening 10/21 on Showtime. 

From what I saw, it looks quite interesting ... can't wait to see it.

My favorite songs were Father Figure ......  Careless Whispers .......   and  ........    I Knew You Were Waiting (duo with Aretha Franklin).    What were yours?

A few photos .....

Related image

Image result for George Michael images

Image result for George Michael images

Related image

Related image

Honored Contributor

Re: GEORGE MICHAEL DOCUMENTARY

I would love to see that, but I don't get Showtime.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 Thanks for the heads up. I really liked his music and found him to be an interesting person.

Respected Contributor

I wish I had showtime, I would love to see that.  He was a wonderful singer.  I really like this album he did called Songs from the Last Century in 1999.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44

I use to have a huge crush on him back in the day. He was my favorite when he was part of WHAM and I was very happy when he branched out on his own. I remember my boyfriend at the time telling me "You know he is Gay" Insert me being annoyed. No, he is not! Why do men tear down other men just because they are good looking. Well, I was obvisouly way off base with that thought.

I loved Gotta Have Faith, I want your S&X, Carless Whisper, and I could go on and on. LOl!!

Honored Contributor

What a gorgeous man!!!!!!!!!!

Kissing a Fool and I Knew You Were Waiting For Me Heart Heart

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44

George Michael is my all-time favorite when it comes to composers and artists.  His lyrics were genius and so profound.  I love every song he wrote and sang - and in particular, "Jesus to a Child" which was dedicated to his Brazilian boyfriend.  So haunting and you can hear the pain in his voice after having lost him to AIDS.

One of the high points in my life was seeing him on his last tour front row center.  Amazing!  We actually made eye contact!!!  Smiley Very Happy I remember every moment and will cherish it forever.

My heart broke when he passed.  Won't deny that I shed a tear or two.

Thanks so much for your post.  Unfortunately, I don't get Showtime.  

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I also like Everything She Wants. I was driving home from shopping the day after Christmas and heard that George died on the radio. I couldn't believe it.

I also love Last Christmas. Isn't it sad and ironic with him passing on Christmas. Miss him!!

Honored Contributor

@threecees  @pommom  @JaneMarple   @icezeus  @hopi

A general request for the George Michael fans ....  his documentary premieres this Saturday evening on Showtime.   

In the not too distant future, it will start showing up other places .... for those that don't get Showtime, would you please let us know if you see it airing somewhere else ... or if the DVD is available for purchase?!

TIA