Honored Contributor

Re: GAVE UP ALL MY HOUSEWIVES SHOWS

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I've only ever seen promotional spots on Bravo for this type of programming.  Are these ladies and gentlemen professional actors?

Well, first of all, there aren't many actual 'ladies' or 'gentlemen' appearing on these shows... Smiley Wink Some of them have had some sort of show business career and some of them tried at one time to break into the business but didn't get very far... For most of them, though, it seems that being a 'housewife' or associated in some way with one of the housewives was their entree into television.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I think the premise has run its course.  The storylines are the same throughout each franchise .... pick a battle with one person so no one likes them except one person all season long, go on a trip .... argue at the reunion ... someone will walk off then come back.  

Helen852
Trusted Contributor

RHNJ used to be the only one I liked but I haven't been able to watch it in a couple of years.  It's always the same thing.  Someone talks about Theresa, Theresa talks about them, there's a confrontation at a party and Theresa never said that / meant that / did that, someone else did.

Ugh!  I don't know or like any of the new people either.  I'm housewived out.  Too bad, RHNJ used to a real fun show.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I've only ever seen promotional spots on Bravo for this type of programming.  Are these ladies and gentlemen professional actors?

@deepwaterdotter  Nope, just spoiled, rich ladies.

Respected Contributor

no longerwatch any RH shows. it's so fake.  i used to like OC, BH and NY.   then only NY. i think that RHNY trip to Puerta Vallarta did it for me. the raging and arguing.   i said, why am i watching these people scream at each other. 

Respected Contributor

Never watched any of them and the promos I've seen have only ever confirmed that those shows aren't worth the time.

Respected Contributor

It all just seems so silly and "unreal" anymore.  I rarely watch, but usually do manage to catch RHONY.  There's something about New York . . .

Respected Contributor

A relative works on the filming of one of those shows. The camera are set up in the homes and the cameras operated remotely from a studio (in his case ) 1,000 miles away. He said it gives him a major headache listening to these women.

He said the shows are 'loosely' scripted based upon what story lines generate the most viewing and ad sales. It's not real at all.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I never thought it would happen. I'd wait each week/season for the Orange County, Beverly Hills, NY Housewives, NJ  and now just don't give a fig. 

It just seems over the top. It was before, too, but now seems irrelevant with todays' events. Trips, excess clothes, shopping and jewelry, arguing, fighting and screaming. Friends? Just lost interst.

Never liked the term "housewives" anyway and for most of them...never saw them pick up a dust rag or do a dish in the sink. 

Anyone else just over it?

@Shanus   Yes, I stopped with the house wives several seasons ago...( 2 years at least if not more) tired of the yelling and swearing. Do not miss it at all

Esteemed Contributor

I just lost interest. It was great fun for about 3 seasons and then just blah. Includes Southern Charm also. Now I still watch My Big Fat Fabulous Life I think I want to see how her story ends I guess. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.